Quantcast

Info KHS DH200

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
i rode one of the weekend at fontucky (& my only other experience on the bike has been at Woodward west)... so with that said, i haven't necessarily ridden the thoughest courses on it. plus they were both factory rides, so they were pimped out. Regardless, i had fun every time i was on it.

So, with my limited experience on it, I'd say it's a descent buy for most riders. it's not as bad as the typical "KHS" reputation people give it. Granted the bike is based off of an old suspension design (M1, etc all used it), but i remember when EVERYONE ran that style of bike... so can u fault them for keeping it?

Melissa Buhl, David K & other top riders have done well on it (but they could probably do well on any bike)

It may not be at the top of my list, but for the price, it's hard not to have KHS on your list. It's a great privateer bike. There are MANY new & pricer bikes that i wouldn't even touch. The KHS, i'd consider for sure if i were looking to buy something descent for the right price.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I rode it last year and then rode my M1. It was a bit slacker then the M1 and did not seem a subtle on baby head bumps. It was a nice bike but the frame was not as well put togeather as the M1 but creaked less. THe parts are top notch as well. I think the new team Mongosse is a better value though.

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
I'm not buying to bike new so it the comparisons of deals doesn't matter to me more just the actual performance of the frame and how it compares to others.

And I cant imagine having to many maintenance problems cause it was a pro's bike and was a factory ride.

Ive looked for as many reviews as I can find on it but all of them have been of no use and either no sense obvious bull **** review or just sucking up to the brand.

Thanks for comments so far as I'm hoping to find more comments from people who have had the bike or rode it enough to understand its weakness and strengths. Once again thanks for the info so far.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I rode one of those bikes for a little over a year and it worked well. It was nothing special but was problem free. The geo was a little steep or me but thats my only problem. I had the "team" bike or whatever so it had tons of adjustments for the linkage and that was really nice for some courses.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
It is a good bike a close friend use to rode for KHS, and he beated the hell of the bike without frame problems, only thing: he blew a couple of shocks.
I rode the bike a couple of runs and it felt very good, but not as good as my giant

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
I've been riding one for a couple of years now and its been pretty decent. I drilled and tapped the holes below the stock shock mounting holes to slacken it out a tad and that made it feel heaps better.

After two years I haven't had a single problem with it, the only complaint I have about my one is that its too small, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem keeping it.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
Thanks for all the info finally some info that actually benefits me haha.
Um I would love to ride the goose but like I said earlier im getting this bike used and its only going to be for this season something to just ride and the price is right. I plan on buying a new frame after this season when i get a back end check so yeah its kinda my only option if i want to race this season.