Quantcast

Intense Slope Style

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Any one riding or have info on the Intense Slope Style? The web site has no info on it up yet. Got boned on my Specialized SX Trail build and looking for a frame to put all these shiny new parts on. Thanks

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Damn I never tried one and it wasnt the best bike I ever rode. It never hucked to flat and I didnt hip any huge gnar gaps!
Just my .02 cents. :D

Sorry, I'm being a not so funny guy today, I looked at that bike for a SS/FR/DJ all around play bike and from what I gathered its phenominal. Niles rides one and it has a custom geo that apparently is going to start being incorporated in the following years.
Its a sick bike from what I gathered and one I will be picking up as soon as wife permits me to buy toys again! :thumb:

burly50

May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Thanks for the replies. Any tech info sch as head angle, travel, recomended forks. I bought every thing I need to build the SX Trail but I got jerked around for 3 months on the frame only to find out it's not available. I think the only thing that may not work would be the fork, depending on the travel of the SS frame.

burly50

May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
thanks guys. Yeah, I got the 36 Van for the SXT build so it works out good for this frame. Talked the my bike shop guy about it since he is not an intense dealer. He called them up and asked if he could get one w/out being a dealer and they said sure. Gonna be another 6 weeks though. I have waited 3 months so far so 6 more weeks should be easy. Not sure on price yet though. Any ideas?

If Intense is a good co. to deal with, I may have to go to them foe my cross country/do all/trail bike needs after the Enduro is gone. Not happy w/ the way Specialized handled my SXT situation. Time to jump ship.

Mikey_C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
you made a great choice with the SS. this niche has certainly taken the definition of a do-all bike to the next level. The geo of the SS make it at home in the flow and air that is Slopestyle, but doesnt handicap the lift service riders from hitting the rocks gardens. On the flip side, its ability to pedal, and be built up fairly light make its a worthy rig for the AM rides.

im running a fox 36 vanilla and think a 160mm is perfect for the bike. To avoid getting to slack for climbs I use a sunline v-1 reducer(NEVER BUY THIS HEADSET) for a low stack height

Intense is on the polar opposite end of the spectrum as far as a bike manu. Each with its own strenghts and faults. Intense seeks to set the bar when they bring a bike to market in each of the particular bike categories. THe SS is no exceptions. WHat really sold me was the handmade in US craftmanship lends itself to a fit in finish you get from that of custom bike builders.

The downside to that is the price to get your hands on one. retail at $2300 or so!! What you are getting are easton hydrofomed(read fancy shapes light wieght tubes) metal, amazing welds, quality paint, and that pesky vpp patent.

(end intense rant)

burly50

May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
you made a great choice with the SS. this niche has certainly taken the definition of a do-all bike to the next level. The geo of the SS make it at home in the flow and air that is Slopestyle, but doesnt handicap the lift service riders from hitting the rocks gardens. On the flip side, its ability to pedal, and be built up fairly light make its a worthy rig for the AM rides.

im running a fox 36 vanilla and think a 160mm is perfect for the bike. To avoid getting to slack for climbs I use a sunline v-1 reducer(NEVER BUY THIS HEADSET) for a low stack height

Intense is on the polar opposite end of the spectrum as far as a bike manu. Each with its own strenghts and faults. Intense seeks to set the bar when they bring a bike to market in each of the particular bike categories. THe SS is no exceptions. WHat really sold me was the handmade in US craftmanship lends itself to a fit in finish you get from that of custom bike builders.

The downside to that is the price to get your hands on one. retail at $2300 or so!! What you are getting are easton hydrofomed(read fancy shapes light wieght tubes) metal, amazing welds, quality paint, and that pesky vpp patent.

(end intense rant)
Sounds like an awsome bike. 4-6 weeks for delivery. $1850, frame only. A little extra time for custom color (Orange). I can't wait!!!

burly50

May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Since Intense web site has no spec info yet, I'm not sure what type of head set to buy. Picture looks like integrated head set. I want to go w/ Chris King so I want to make sure I order the right one. Any spec info in this department would help a lot. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2006
I've been on an SS since last November. It's really a killer bike. I've used it for everything from trail riding to dirt jumps, to tech DH. It definitely excels on flowy, bermed trails with lippy jumps. Mine comes in at just a hair under 34 lbs at the moment.

A few shots...

burly50

May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Nice!! How tall are you and what size did you get. I am 5'11" and fall right at the transition between too big for med. and a hair small for large acording to the web site, but I ordered a large based on the top tube length. I have always been comfy on anything right around 24".

Jun 7, 2006
Nice!! How tall are you and what size did you get. I am 5'11" and fall right at the transition between too big for med. and a hair small for large acording to the web site, but I ordered a large based on the top tube length. I have always been comfy on anything right around 24".
I'm 5'8" and on a Medium. It feels perfect with a 50mm stem for FR. It's a hair short for trail riding with that stem, so I have a 70mm on hand as well.

I'd say you're spot on with a large unless you have a short torso.