Quantcast

Intense vs. Devinci

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Transcend said:
Because you are wrong on just about every point you made? WC bikes, for the most part, are even slacker than the Wilson. There is absolutely no reason a racer would be better off on one than the other.
Intense M3: Head angle = 66.5
SC V10 = 67
Commencal VIP DH = 66
Devinci Wilson: Head angle = 64

M3 is designed to be a World Cup racer, so why wouldn't they run a slacker head angle? a V10 uses a 67 degree head angle. The only other bike out there running a 64 degree that I can think of off the top of my head is the one that you ride - Orange 224.

The numbers don't lie.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dhpimp said:
Intense M3: Head angle = 66.5
SC V10 = 67
Commencal VIP DH = 66
Devinci Wilson: Head angle = 64

M3 is designed to be a World Cup racer, so why wouldn't they run a slacker head angle? a V10 uses a 67 degree head angle. The only other bike out there running a 64 degree that I can think of off the top of my head is the one that you ride - Orange 224.

The numbers don't lie.
And if you think any world cup racer is actually racing an unmodified frame, angle wise, you are incorrect.

Edit: or if you think those numbers don't change drastically when you sit on it (v10 especially).

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Transcend said:
And if you think any world cup racer is actually racing an unmodified frame, angle wise, you are incorrect.
It's not a factory pro rider on the board looking for a frame it is someone that is going to buy a stock one. :clue:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dhpimp said:
It's not a factory pro rider on the board looking for a frame it is someone that is going to buy a stock one. :clue:
Then why exactly are you arguing it's a bad WC race bike? If the bikes are modified by most of the fastest riders on the planet, then you know...maybe they have a good thing going? :rolleyes:

Also, ask how many turner riders on here have modified their bikes angles.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Transcend said:
Then why exactly are you arguing it's a bad WC race bike?
Which bike are you referring to? Go back to my original post and see what i liked about each bike. Wilson - great privateer bike for do everything (including racing!). M3 - Race orientated.

I actually have a full season of riding experience on the Wilson, so that's what my opinions are based on.... The original posted asked for thoughts on the two bikes.. granted i only rode a friends M3 for 2 days at Bromont, but at least it was more than just a single test run, or none at all. :rolleyes:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Transcend said:
Devinci, here in Quebec.

Hey! he had one more guess! :mumble:

Ok, I'm going to go insane if this doesnt get worked out. I think what Transcend is telling us here is that WC bikes have low bbs and very slacked head angles, so arguing that the devinci is a bad wc racer because its head angle is too slack and its bb is too low doesn't really make much sense. I bet he doesnt really care if you think the bike is good or bad, he's just trying to keep things from getting confused.

Sorry, but this was bugging me.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
bdamschen said:
Hey! he had one more guess! :mumble:

Ok, I'm going to go insane if this doesnt get worked out. I think what Transcend is telling us here is that WC bikes have low bbs and very slacked head angles, so arguing that the devinci is a bad wc racer because its head angle is too slack and its bb is too low doesn't really make much sense. I bet he doesnt really care if you think the bike is good or bad, he's just trying to keep things from getting confused.

Sorry, but this was bugging me.
Thank you.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
bdamschen said:
I think what Transcend is telling us here is that WC bikes have low bbs and very slacked head angles, so arguing that the devinci is a bad wc racer because its head angle is too slack and its bb is too low doesn't really make much sense.
That was my original point though and that's where for some reason he got it confused. I stated that the low BB was a GOOD thing. I don't see why it has to be dwelled on (yeah I know I brought it back up but it was my point to begin with! :) )

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dhpimp said:
However, it's not a WC circuit race bike. The head angle is too slack. The BB is somewhat low, so it makes the bike handle like a Cadillac at high speeds. It loves to go fast on the open sections.

I stated that the low BB was a GOOD thing.
What the hell are you talking about?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
blue said:
What the hell are you talking about?
Yeah, you're not making any sense.

A Wilson will have GOOD WC geo since it's slack and low, like the Pro bikes.

An M3, although considered a good privateer bike, would NOT be as good on WC courses because they're really really fast.

marzocchiusa

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
I am reading all this crap about the head angle being too slack. If you want Devinci with a higher bb and less slacked head angle, get a ollie. I have an 05 with a 67 degree head angle and 16" bb height. This thing rides like a hooker that has turned tricks for 50 years!! haha. But the devinci is much prettier :)

LiVe 2 RiD3

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
Ok, I'm not in it for the looks, I'm in it for the pedal effieciancy, rideability, durability, will jump into corners and pull out fast, will be a stable jumper, and will let me have fun and race on... if you're goign to reply, don't be more leaneint to one company, post what you see, and how you see it! ty!!!!!!!!!! more replies plz

marzocchiusa

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
I have owned an intense and now I have a devinci. Devinci is much quicker in and out of the corners, jumps about the same, but lands much smooter. Sprinting is easier even with heavier tires on the devinci.

Not being biased, I just rode both and the original 4 bar linkage is better. IF you can find yourself an older m1, go for that!! I miss that bike like crazy .