Quantcast

Invasion of Iran/Syria...draft?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Question:

Lets say, somehow the moron-in-chief is allowed to invade Iran and/or Syria. A draft at this point becomes neccessary.

How do the American people react?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
lots of protests. thousands of college kids walking around with huge signs is my prediction. as for me, i will be finding the closest coast guard recruiter, as that seems like my safest legal option.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
oh, before the draft, all the guys who "retired" would be called back up.

Kizzi is probably concerned.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
oh, before the draft, all the guys who "retired" would be called back up.
Yeah...after the inactive reserves get called up.

Not sure what I would do.

Probably sell some bikes and a car and leave the country. At that point the US would be doomed anyway...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What would monkeys do if the draft was instated and some of us were called up?

I'm on the very edge of being too old, but holy crap... could I go fight for a war I no longer agree with? Damn. No.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'd go but wouldnt be happy about it. This country has given me so many opportunities, sometimes you have to suck it up.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I agree that it's unlikely.

But what IF Iran gets mad about their consulate? They're a much bigger challenge than Iraq was.
What are they going to do? Seriously...anything they do is going to lead to laser guided bombs raining down on every place where the mullahs sleep, in a best case scenario.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i could see the us invading iran. that way, we can build roads for troops between iraq and afghanistan!

but seriously, the idea of the us invading iran doesn't seem too outlandish to me.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
We're mountain bikers here...roadie geeks worry about drafting.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
If you're talking about puking, sorry about that. We don't mind you being sick, but we certainly don't want your kids being ill.
Too late.... emily started last night...made a huge mess of her bed. Grace just started this morning. (Lucky my wife is out doing her pre-op exam for her eye surgery...so I'm home with the kids.

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got this email yesterday:
Hello,

I am emailing you to let you know that we are looking for people with prior military service. We are offering a $15000 bonus for coming back into the Army Reserves for 6 years and a $7500 bonus for 3 years. If you would like more information or to see if you would be qualified for this bonus please email me back with your contact information and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your service.

SSG Christopher Lanners

(877) XXX-XXXX
-----------------------------

I laughed.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Is that a lot of money to military types?
About $200/month or just under $7/day for an opportunity to get killed?

$7 a day doesn't even cover the costs of beer and cigarettes needed to numb yourself to the effects of spreading democracy around the world at gunpoint.

:disgust1:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Is the concept of a bonus that difficult?
they will have to raise the emotional/social bonuses and rewards with a very aggressive marketing campaign.

paying somebody in cash to kill others gets pretty expensive. but when the rewards are social/emotional.. it gets much cheaper.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a buddy of mine just re-upped to the tune of $15K. Wish I was in my window for reenlistment.
If I would have stayed in, I would make about $25K less a year overseas (that is where I would be sent if I joined the reserves) as an O1-E. So tack on the "bonus" and I'm still $20k short every year. But I think as an officer I wouldn't get the bonus anyway.

Man, a chance to fight in a war I don't agree with and it only costs my family $20k a year? Where do I sign?

There is the $450k my wife would get when I get my ass shot or blown up. So I guess she would come out ahead in the end. :rolleyes: