Quantcast

Iron Horse - Hollowpoint

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok well first of this is my first full suspension and my first bike with disc brakes. I've NEVER ridden a full suspension bike more then 10' so I'm a bit in shock.

Ok well after toying with the bike all weekend and taking it to the shop and paying 35$'s to have the headset put in I finally got to ride the bike.

Yesterday I got out on a few trails, the weather hasn't been great so I was a bit limited due to trail condition.

Well I was truly amazed.....
I couldn't believe the feeling when you launch and the landing is UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!
There is very limited bob with the rear FOX. My fat butt bottomed the rear shock out trying to slam the bike around a couple of times. i'll have to adjust that. I do kind of wish I had the rear lock out for some occasions which may be an upgrade I make.
The handle bars do need to be cut especially for the NY single track, they'll get hung up on every sapling I pass.
Also I wasn't impressed with the tires MAXXISLARSEN TT UST TUBELESS. They'll be gone soon too.

I love the bike, I'm anxious to get it fully tuned so I can really put it through the ringer.
Hopefully by next week.

*edit* had the rear shock named wrong.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Squeak
Now we want pics. ;)
Now I want a digital camera. If I can get Getto to come with me tomorrow I'll have pleanty of pics.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Echo
Make sure you don't wreck when Ghetto has her camera, it will get posted here :D

I wouldn't care. I don't think she's coming with me anyway.

Aug 13, 2002
sandy beaches of O.C.
Cant wait for more ride reports, Im having a tough time deciding what frame to buy, Hollowpoint, Heckler or a Balfa 2step, I just keep going around and around reading every post look for the magic beans!

MORE, MORE,,,,,,,MORE I SAY!