Quantcast

Irvine, CA area - afterwork rides???

M

mtn lion bait

Daylight savings has arrived, anyone in the Irvine area interested in riding after work?

I'm new to the area so I'm looking for other freeriders to show me some of the acclaimed trails around here...

Also if you know of an organized ride I’d appreciate the contact info.

Thanks!

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Bro, that screen name is pretty bad.

I see you say you are new to the area so maybe you just don't know. If you do then yeah, that name just sucks.
But if you didn't know I'll tell you know.
We had a fellow rider get attacked and another got killed by a Mt. Lion in this area not very long ago.

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
So if you are the self-designated "bait", that means that you ride with raw meat in your pack and we don't have to stop and help when you get attacked, right?
The usual local initiation is for you to ride some trails by yourself at night first. Try Whiting Ranch, Caspers Park, Oneil Park, San Juan Trail, and anything in the Trabuco Canyon area.
Don't forget the meat!

Here's to hoping you just didn't know any better, rather than having bad taste.

M

mtn lion bait

Apaologies - carried over from before I moved and before the attack.

Didn't think when I registered here...

Account will no longer be used. :dead:

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Not a problem and thanks.
I never knew the guy but lots of others here did.
You might want to check out the grup rides that Switchback cyclery has on Tuesdays @ 6:00 pm. They are located in Orange. Give them a call and get the scoop.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by spookydave
Not a problem and thanks.
I never knew the guy but lots of others here did.
You might want to check out the grup rides that Switchback cyclery has on Tuesdays @ 6:00 pm. They are located in Orange. Give them a call and get the scoop.
Speaking of which......when you gonna start coming out?

mtnbikej

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by mtnbikej
Speaking of which......when you gonna start coming out?

mtnbikej
I know, it's that time again. Out of all the bikes I have right now the only one working is the DH. I'm not riding (pushing) that anymore on the group rides. I've been meaning to drop off the wheel for my tracer so Tim and re build the rear hub.
bullit has a bum fork right now too.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
I know, it's that time again. Out of all the bikes I have right now the only one working is the DH. I'm not riding (pushing) that anymore on the group rides. I've been meaning to drop off the wheel for my tracer so Tim and re build the rear hub.
bullit has a bum fork right now too.
C'mon....I need someone to walk my Bullit up with.:D :D Since it no longer has the will to climb. I need to get the new fork dialed in before Big Bear opens.

mtnbikej

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
MLB -
Thanks for your decision to change names. At least you only had a few posts, not a long history. I'm sure you will find friendly people here and some good info too.
Welcome

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by reflux
Or how about I just ask you?:D

I work at 17th and Newport Ave, how far am I from where these rides start? Thanks.

The rides leave from teh Albertson's parking lot at Chapman and Jamboree in Orange at 6 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.

mtnbikej

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by mtnbikej
C'mon....I need someone to walk my Bullit up with.:D :D Since it no longer has the will to climb. I need to get the new fork dialed in before Big Bear opens.

mtnbikej
Oh you are going to kill me! I have not been riding at all really. Just getting outta shape.
I'll be there a little early with the TANK!

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Oh you are going to kill me! I have not been riding at all really. Just getting outta shape.
I'll be there a little early with the TANK!

Not gonna kill ya. I tried to pedal the damn thing up the bitches last weekend. "Tried" being the word........was off of it waay before the first.....didn't even attempt the second......and died before I even reached the kiosk at the third.

See ya out there a bit early.

mtnbikej

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by adrenalinjunky18
I live in irvine and am new to the area and would love to meet some more people to ride with after work. send me an email at adrenalinjunky18@yahoo.com
What type of riding are you looking for?

I am another recent addition to the traffic problem...

I'm not that fast or talented, but I'll try anything once.

I mostly have been riding Aliso in Laguna... but I'm game for anything.

Oct 26, 2003
socal
Im riding with a few guys at aliso toinght. Im a freerider , I do all types of riding except rode. I ride a 03 heckler with a z1 set up for fr for my trail bike and putting together an dh rig for big bear.

what about you?

mike

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Freeride is my personal favorite... but I'll ride anything. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie myself.

However I am finding that I am not too good on the trails around here... I went down one trail at Aliso towards 133 and got ejected several times... mostly on the corners.

Right now I'm riding my Norco 250 (hardtail w/ Z1 and Magura rim brakes). It's really a dirt jumper (not tha I've done any dirt jumping), but it's the only bike I havein working condition so that is what I ride!

I'm working on my Iron Horse 'G-spot' ... but it's got some issues. I will hopefully be hitting the DH scene in a couple weeks.