Quantcast

Is anyone in Taipei?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No cameras allowed in taipei. Product is so far out that most manufacturers won't even actually hand out any literature as most of it changes, it's all cabled to the stand!

It's always funny when companies though huge fits when things do leak out though. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I read on another site that there is a "public" day too at least one where shop owners can visit. That would sure help the with the leaks.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Off-site photoshoots normally for those who DO want to publicize. It's super rad if they ARE letting in cameras and junk this year. Public/shops will indeed get the leaks out..I wonder if the more under wraps stuff will disappear before then?

Should be an interesting one. Way more actual work gets done at taipei than Ib, it's silly.

Last edited:

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Are cellphones not allowed either? Most cells have descent cameras these days. Hope to see more pics soon.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Looks like RS gave in and is making a fork with a 15mm axle option:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/rockshox-sektor-2010.html
Pinkbike said:
The big Taipei bike show is stirring the pot and we're starting to see new products being released like wildfire. Next up is a new trail fork from RockShox, the 150 mm travel Sektor! Have a look inside to get the scoop directly from RockShox!

Read on...

Source: RockShox

The sleek new trail suspension from RockShox can only be described as a modern trail fork that transcends all. With a diverse range of options and an amazing price to performance ratio, this trail blazer can hang with it's more refined counterpart, RockShock's very own Revelation.

Revelation set the bar for all front suspension that performs in the 150 mm travel arena. To continue the RockShox promise we hard to work hard to uphold performance and low weight in such an affordable fork. The "outside the box" approach in spring and weight development really tells the story about creativity and innovation in product development.

Pictured is the Sektor RL - Solo Air, 150 mm travel, 20 mm Maxle Lite Weight - 4.33 lb

Sektor is about choice and being able to acquire a product that performs for your trail riding needs. We start with the 9 mm QR, 15 mm thru-axle, 20 mm Maxle Lite offerings and then provide you three spring options; coil, Solo Air, and U-Turn. The fork offers affordable and exciting options.

Features

• Solo Air and Coil Sektor: 130, 140, 150 mm travel
• U-Turn Sektor: 100-140 mm or 110-150 mm travel
• Damping: Motion Control (RL), TurnKey Lockout (TK), external rebound (R)
• Forged, hollow 6061-T6 aluminum crown
• 32 mm 7075 aluminum upper tubes
• Redesigned external rebound adjuster
• 9 mm QR, 15 mm thru-axle, 20 mm Maxle Lite options available
• 1 1/8" steerer, tapered 1 1/8"- 1 1/2" steerer, 1 1/2" steerer options
Great now RS has 3 options for trailbike forks with 20mm axles, Pike, Revelation and the Sektor.. kinda dumb if you ask me..

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Looks like RS gave in and is making a fork with a 15mm axle option:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/rockshox-sektor-2010.html

Great now RS has 3 options for trailbike forks with 20mm axles, Pike, Revelation and the Sektor.. kinda dumb if you ask me..
I'm guessing they'll be phasing out the Pike, now that this has the coil option. Keep the Revelation in the lineup with all air options, and this with the air and coil options. Maybe this, with the lower end damping options is also meant to get more OEM spec?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Remember to right click your mouse on the pic wherever you find it and save it to desktop then you can load it and no matter who starts taking things down you have it saved! :D
Then just load it to your PB account and it gets shared automatically and someone can poach it publicize it and then you arent responsible and whoever found it is just passing on the freedom of PIC act! :thumb:

Damn that spank rim is light, Ill stick with Mavic or DTs thats too light!

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I was hoping SRAM would stick to their guns and not offer a QR15 fork. The maxle lite system weighs less than QR15 and was already an industry standard. I guess it beats losing sales from the people who willingly seek out QR15 though. :confused: