Quantcast

Is everyone ok?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Don't you know if you heard, but Sam Hill won an Enduro race. Stay strong and hug your nearest chairlift.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm good. He won with an alumi...err...*alloy* bike equipped with unrideable alloy rims. I mean shit, that bike doesn't even have a trademarked suspension system :panic:

My only real concern is the Crabon Cartel has sent an industry spook after Sam to, umm, offer him a deal he can't refuse.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I am not okay at all. I like racing my bike down hills and I don't like pedaling up them. This is not good for me, I'm having trouble breathing.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

How du you feel now? :)
This just makes me think that I'd rather watch a "Legends of Downhill" world cup series with just 5-10 of the all time greats that would air between the women's and men's races.

The fact that Warner was too banged up to leave the commentary booth after riding down the Val di Sole track once probably means this is a bad idea, but I'd love to see something in that vein.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Jesus fucking christ what the hell is going on with this place?
Yes I also think DH is more exciting to watch then Enduro. Yes I also think its saying a lot that ex dhers who dont make it to the top 20 in a WC race are doing very well in the highest level of the format.
I also think road race sucks balls and i wouldnt watch it if someone paid me for it but appearently millions of people prefer to watch it over a downhill race.

A high profile downhiller prefers riding his other mountainbike for a bit and everybody startsacting like a bunch of housewives going crazy like its an episode of as the world turns.

Get over yourselves, nobody gives a fuck.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Jesus fucking christ what the hell is going on with this place?
Yes I also think DH is more exciting to watch then Enduro. Yes I also think its saying a lot that ex dhers who dont make it to the top 20 in a WC race are doing very well in the highest level of the format.
I also think road race sucks balls and i wouldnt watch it if someone paid me for it but appearently millions of people prefer to watch it over a downhill race.

A high profile downhiller prefers riding his other mountainbike for a bit and everybody startsacting like a bunch of housewives going crazy like its an episode of as the world turns.

Get over yourselves, nobody gives a fuck.
From where I am sitting.....I think you are far too worked up over this.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Yeah,I know! Who knows, he might like it? ;)
Further he starts to approach an age where enduro will be a serious option :busted:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
he mentioned the Spirit of Enduro™, so he might have drank the Kool-Aid
actually, I am glad that he did mention that. It's tough to travel to an enduro, to try and learn 5 tracks and compete against locals (on my level). I wish promoters would not release trail maps until packet pick up onsite.

I am considering one this weekend thats 6+ hour drive....they already released the trails and I already know I'm at a huge disadvantage to the locals, can you see I am building a case to sleep in and not drive 12 hours round trip this weekend?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
actually, I am glad that he did mention that. It's tough to travel to an enduro, to try and learn 5 tracks and compete against locals (on my level). I wish promoters would not release trail maps until packet pick up onsite.

I am considering one this weekend thats 6+ hour drive....they already released the trails and I already know I'm at a huge disadvantage to the locals, can you see I am building a case to sleep in and not drive 12 hours round trip this weekend?
Once you're touched by the Spirit of Enduro™, there's no going back.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
another reason I keep making excuses everytime I think I am going to try an enduro, it's like the HIV and the AIDS, you can't give it back.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Syndicate dudes enduroed their asses off in the first season of the EWS, 'bout the time the Bronson and 5010 and Nomad were popping out of the molds, like a bunch of carbon fiber muffins.