Quantcast

Is FSA carbon stuff crap?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Here are my new cross cranks. And yes, thats grease on em and I know the bike is dirty :)

Attachments

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
They accepted my best offer on the RD1 on ebay. I got it for 239.01+10.99 shipping for a grand total of $250. Next week I am gonna get the BB on the way. I already am ISIS, so it should work. Unfortunately I am on a triple so the chain line will be off for a week or so. No biggie though. Does anyone know the difference from an Ultegra 6500 BB, and a 6503 as far as the spacing goes? I am excited to have lower gears now, for my triple has the small gear removed to save weight. Hills should be easier with a 39 when I am used to a 42. Anyway horah for me, next week I go ceramic!!!

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
Well I got the KCNC Rd1 cranks on the bike last night, and got a spinervals exercise in, no real rides yet. I was kinda dejected at first. The claimed weight was 520g, and it weighted 548g w/ crank bolts. 560g with bolts. The Bottom bracket I used was a Token Carbon Ti, with Tiramic Titanium coated race, ceramic bearings. It weighted in at 147g, witch was less than the advertised 150g. So I have a total 707g total weight for the setup. The chain rings shifted great, and had no problems at all. I was using a 52/42, and the 53/38 gears seem quite different on the trainer. Can't wait to try them out on the road. The Spinervals exercise I do, I usuaully feel dead tired afterwards. Not the case last night, and all the big ring efforts were now 1gear harder. I am wondering if the ceramic bearings make that much difference. Only time will tell, when I get it out on the real road. The cranks seemed solid, and no creaking or anything. They seemed to work awesome. I'll do a review later on, when I get some more miles on it.