Quantcast

Is it possible to make a 6 speed cassette with just a longer limit screw?

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
The cassette I got has the last 4 cogs joined together so I can't add the seventh one.I've got the zee clutch der. I would think I could do it with the the limit screw,but not sure.it'd end up being an 11-24
I have a 6 speed setup that works fine. on a 9 speed sram setup though. I read in several places that the longer limit screw works, but it depends on the derailleur. I know my sram derailleur requires a bmx cable knarp to limit the shifter cable travel, as to not shift into too low of a gear and off the cassette. a bmx knarp will work on any derailleur, the longer limit screw will work on some.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/odyssey-knarps-cable-ends/rp-prod50883?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedStates&gclid=CjkKEQjw-uubBRDs6rqExIXy7ZsBEiQACq4FqZrT6J10LdpB1Nj8-C-fXqsdIeQpszZAT4Nz2QEfrwbw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
its basically just a little barrel with a hole for the cable to go through, and a set screw that bites the cable.

here's a whole thread i started a while bike about the methods of limiting a derailleur, pics too..all of these can be applied to any derailleur in order the limit the downshift travel. I ended up buying cable knarps, they are cheap and effective. haven't sheared a cable in 2 years.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm running a Saint 820 5 speed with a longer limit screw. 6 speed on the Zee should work.