Votes: 2 3.6%
  • she is crazy

Votes: 53 96.4%

• Total voters

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
My wife thinks it's rude, when I am at a drive through and the person says "have a nice day" then I say thanks instead of telling them to have a nice day also. I think she is crazy she acually gets mad about it...

is it rude?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Maybe if you made your wife sit in back for a week while the dog rode up front she'd change her tune.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Oh please .... just married?
Of course you're not rude.

Don't be afraid to show her what your capable of now and then. ;)
Then she'll let all that petty stuff slide.
Speaking from experience here.

Heck ... my wife rags on them drive thru peeps wicked.
I wish I had a buck for everytime she has complained about the D&D coffee being wrong. She'll get going and I just want to tell her to put a lid on it .. for crying out loud!

Sorry ... what were we talking about?
Nah ... you're fine buddy. ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They are working in the drive through. There is no possible way for them to have a nice day at that point, so you are better off not pointing that out by making a request that they do so.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
When you pull up to the speaker to place your order, just yell "one sh!t please!" and wait for the response. Your wife will be so damned embarrassed that she won't even notice what is said, or not said at the window!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Just her refer her to George Carlin from "Carlin at Carnegie" along the lines of:

"I hate it when people tell me to have a nice day. Now I've got something like an obligation to make it a nice day. And what if I don't want to have a nice day? What if I've had 234 nice days in a row and I'm ready by god for a crappy day?"

Saying thanks and nothing more isn't rude unless you say it rudely...it's probably a lot better than the things a lot of people say.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
For some reason almost all of my banks branches have younger hot women working for them, I think it's a marketing ploy.

small banks do rock!
My bank has a frumpy chick. The other day she was complaining about some ranch dressing stains on her shirt. It was kinda gross.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
So I just finished the marriage survey and was thinking about why/how I have stayed married for almost 16 years...

Do you want a real answer?

If she thinks it's rude, and her feelings are important to you, then give the response she would give whenever she is with you. This is honoring her. Afterall, it really doesn't matter what you say to someone in a drive-thru. What matters is that your wife knows that you consider her feelings more important than your wish to be right.

My husband HATES slapstick comedy. He is scandalized - SCANDALIZED I tell you - whenever I laugh at someone running into something, or someone slipping on a banana peel or... *snort* ball bearings... LOL!!
AHEM. As I was saying, I have learned to be very sensitive to him and try to NEVER LAUGH when real life slapstick occurs. Of course, I still think it's funny, but I'm sensitive to the fact that he finds it offensive and rude. When I'm with my brother, it's a whole different story. We laugh at everything together. Please don't tell.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So I just finished the marriage survey and was thinking about why/how I have stayed married for almost 16 years...

If she thinks it's rude, and her feelings are important to you, then give the response she would give whenever she is with you. This is honoring her. Afterall, it really doesn't matter what you say to someone in a drive-thru. What matters is that your wife knows that you consider her feelings more important than your wish to be right.

My husband HATES slapstick comedy. He is scandalized - SCANDALIZED I tell you - whenever I laugh at someone running into something, or someone slipping on a banana peel or... *snort* ball bearings... LOL!!
AHEM. As I was saying, I have learned to be very sensitive to him and try to NEVER LAUGH when real life slapstick occurs. Of course, I still think it's funny, but I'm sensitive to the fact that he finds it offensive and rude. When I'm with my brother, it's a whole different story. We laugh at everything together. Please don't tell.
Hmm.

My marriage operates totally different. We know that we both say/do some things that bug each other, and we agree to tolerate it.

I try to not be generally offensive directly to her, but I am completely at ease in saying whatever I want and laughing at whatever I want.

Especially people falling down and slipping. That sh1t is hilarious.

My wife has a thing for eye injuries. She laughs at the mere thought of people getting poked in the eye. :think:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Interesting point both you and H8R have from two different sides of the coin.

Sunny - how do you keep your head from exploding when you come across a "3 Stooges" marathon on T.V.?:biggrin:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

ding ding ding ding

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

so your mariage is advice is to be fake when your spouse is around...

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
You mean like... What do you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, you already told her twice.
I found out the other day there's a shelter for battered women just a couple blocks from my house. I'm going to have to pay them a visit, for years I've been eating mine raw.

btw...not rude

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dude, shes trying to change you. Its starts with something little like how you respond at McD's drivethru...then a few months later you wake and realize instead of spending your saturday riding your mtn bike, your plans are shoe shopping at the mall, buying curtains at linensnthings, then going with the wife to her sisters for a tea party!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
dude, shes trying to change you. Its starts with something little like how you respond at McD's drivethru...then a few months later you wake and realize instead of spending your saturday riding your mtn bike, your plans are shoe shopping at the mall, buying curtains at linensnthings, then going with the wife to her sisters for a tea party!
I completely agree...

make a stand and save your nuts man, you'll need 'em!

and who cares if she can hold out longer than you, I know a guy who's neighbers wife is a.... oh wait that's in another thread.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My wife thinks it's rude, when I am at a drive through and the person says "have a nice day" then I say thanks instead of telling them to have a nice day also. I think she is crazy she acually gets mad about it...

is it rude?
:think: Sometimes I say "and you too" but not every time and usually at the bank drive-up not the fast food place. I don't think it's rude, but maybe I am and don't know it :think: