Quantcast

***Is this the Monday GMT?***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So the boss flew to Germany for exhibition and set up our system for use in a demo. Turns out the Profinet feature we haven't tested doesn't work. So they have secrets connections to the switches so the lights blink and it looks like it's working.

He is bringing me a Profinet device home so we can fix it and test it before we have a customer try and buy it.

Profiles devices don't care about IP Adresses, Just Profinet device Names.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So the boss flew to Germany for exhibition and set up our system for use in a demo. Turns out the Profinet feature we haven't tested doesn't work. So they have secrets connections to the switches so the lights blink and it looks like it's working.

He is bringing me a Profinet device home so we can fix it and test it before we have a customer try and buy it.
I may end up using those devices in my low-voltage realm of the new house since the rest of the world is on that standard and have so much more useful hardware than we have.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Profiles devices don't care about IP Adresses, Just Profinet device Names.
The Profinet packets seem to be going to the ether rather than the queue for transport. So we have added a tracer that I will try once I have devices in hand. I don't have the cool Profinet camera setup that is used in the demo, but I should next week.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Ah, I see that your company also builds the plane as it's flying. I know this feel.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Waiting for the tidal wave to take us out....oh wait the sun thing nevermind.

Pretty grim skies this morning. This is more favorable..

We are on a giant pininunsula on lake Erie. Might not have planned this out very smartly. The amount of cars here is unreal, its going to be an absolute gong show getting out of here. I paid for a reserved spot at the provincial park though, that I got right.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Ugh we work with a software vendor from the middle east that use AWS. Every week they turn down the performance slider to make an extra dollar and every week I tell them to leave it the fuck alone. Then they lie, they lie their ass off. Then they put it back and we are good for the rest of the week. EVERY WEEK. Cheap lying fucks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

do you work for Theranos?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I watched multiple people, including engineers, look straight at the sun. Lots of cameras pointed directly at the sun, then frustration as to why they don't work anymore.

And now? I'm 2/6 for meetings showing up today. I ain't doing shit but playing games and still looking for jobs. And sponsors... Trying to find pro-girls in boys sports groups that actually sponsor or local pro-girl people to approach.