Quantcast

Israel/Palestine

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The only way for Israel to save itself is to become a secular nation, for the protection, peace and human rights of all it's citizens.

It's not going to happen though and it's doomed to failure. The entire premise was illegitimate. My Dad is trying to claim "but that was their ancestral land". Sure, but they weren't living there when the state was created. Enough has happened since then that it's not a legitimate reason to just wipe everything away and start your own country. Egypt was also their "ancestral lands", so I guess they get to own that too? It was a religion, not a nation. Now it's both and basically, they fucked around...now they are finding out (as they have been ever since it was created).

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Even if it's 30-40%, that's 30-40% of millions that support genocide.
<snip>
You don't do a whole lot of speaking up against Hamas. When they say wave a flag you wave a flag. Dissenters as well as most opposition politicians were "eliminated" after they were elected and consolidated power. They keep the thumb on. You never know who is a spy so little gets said against them.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
You don't do a whole lot of speaking up against Hamas. When they say wave a flag you wave a flag. Dissenters as well as most opposition politicians were "eliminated" after they were elected and consolidated power. They keep the thumb on. You never know who is a spy so little gets said against them.
Indeed.
Our USA (in our socioeconomic groups represented on the Monkey) are a dream, a fantasy, another world to billions upon billions.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

"For years, the various governments led by Benjamin Netanyahu took an approach that divided power between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank — bringing Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to his knees while making moves that propped up the Hamas terror group.

The idea was to prevent Abbas — or anyone else in the Palestinian Authority’s West Bank government — from advancing toward the establishment of a Palestinian state."

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
August

Israel should begin annexation of the West Bank “as soon as possible,” Eliyahu, a member of the ultra-nationalist Otzma Yehudit party, told Army Radio, declaring that “sovereignty should also be applied in the areas of Judea and Samaria” – the Biblical names for the area now known as the West Bank – and that the border between Israel and the territories, known as the Green Line, is “fictitious.”

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
But so far, Zionists are not beheading, raping, and mutilating women and babies openly, and as a tactic.
Do you think that could possibly go unanswered, regardless of the brutal displacement?
Just a shrug, and 'whatever'?
You added this later.

Is literally starving and cutting off water to people any better (and by people that includes babies, you already know the median age of palestinians)? And I'm talking about shit 5 years ago, not after this attack. If you want to paint hamas as the only monsters here you're being deliberately obtuse for the sake of an internet argument. It's like passing out smallpox blankets and then acting shocked at a scalping.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just admit that you have no idea about Israeli secular politics regarding Palestine, and leave it at that.
Your first post that you just deleted was better.

I'm not going to play greater israeli academic with you because it's irrelevant. "secular israeli politics" is not what's controlling the impending genocide and it sure as fuck isn't relevant enough to stop it.

You should offer the same consolations to non-hamas supporting palestinians.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Shutting off Water, Food, Medicine and Electricity is considered a war crime as it is collective punishment. Israel has stated that all Gaza residents are Hamas. In Gaza 42.5% are 14 or under.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Your first post that you just deleted was better.

I'm not going to play greater israeli academic with you because it's irrelevant. "secular israeli politics" is not what's controlling the impending genocide and it sure as fuck isn't relevant enough to stop it.

You should offer the same consolations to non-hamas supporting palestinians.
Do you have a website and a mailing list?
Because they seem a little scared to share their dream.

This ain’t ‘Israeli Acedemic’…this is dinner table conversation among my wife’s family when we are back east, and has been for twenty years (one of her sisters lives in Israel).
Hard Line Zionists can fuck off, Hamas can Fuck off…and…respectfully… (fill in the blank) :p

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
View attachment 201969

And just to spice things up with another war crime...

"defense"

Do you have a website and a mailing list?
Because they seem a little scared to share their dream.
"why don't these indians just share their novels with us so we can learn their culture? Don't they have any plays they can put on for us?"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
EXACTLY my point.
no this was

again, false equvalency.

Fair point. But the voices to create a two state solution, and attempt to rectify the imbalances of occupation and access to jobs, medicine, etc, for Palestinians were coming from centrist and left Israelis, and not from Palestinians.
one poulation has been stressed with the basics of survival, the other one not so much

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You asked for solutions not creative retaliation

It's becoming apparent separating the two is tough
I am just gonna repost this fucking gem, bc it really sums up this situation and many others so well.

Seriously, Woo has been so fucking wound up and pissy about damned near everything lately that’s he barely tolerable, but take a second and read that again. Understand and acknowledge it, bc he’s so fucking right!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
The argument revolves around whether they are truly ‘innocent’, when Hamas’ intentions have been crystal clear for generations. It is the theoretical silence of an adjacent population, who allowed Hamas to thrive, that is at issue.
But yeah, they have been given a shit-deal in Palestine, as have the entire Jewish population throughout history.
You can make that same argument about all the Israeli's who are just fine with the land grabbing and shitty treatment of the Palestinians.

Neither side has any room to say they are better than the other. In this case, both side are terrible.

All bullshit from thinking magical sky beard man gave the land to "their" people.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
That's lazy. Pat me on the head when you talk like that why don't you.

You asked

Cutting us israeli funding is not a fantasy. It's a reality based solution that will stop the war crimes the nation of israel is already committing and is about to escalate. Our government has no courage. (see onion link nick posted).
Nobody wants to lose those votes though.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't israel have to spend 80% of the aid the U.S. gives them on U.S. made military weapons?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
You can make that same argument about all the Israeli's who are just fine with the land grabbing and shitty treatment of the Palestinians.

Neither side has any room to say they are better than the other. In this case, both side are terrible.

All bullshit from thinking magical sky beard man gave the land to "their" people.
Fully agreed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't israel have to spend 80% of the aid the U.S. gives them on U.S. made military weapons?
Those defense contractor CEO salaries aren't conjured out of thin air without the congressional "donations" coming back in multiples.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is impossible to understand the situation without the perspective of generational existential threat, which is Israel was formed and survived under. And is often the case, they have extended that experience to the Palestinians. Israel is basically a country with high functioning PTSD, and Hamas with low functioning PTSD. With the rest of the world turning up the gain on that positive feedback loop using the situation for their own political purposes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
More than anything else, israel needs to stop acting like genocidal nazis. All they're going to do is inflame every other islamic nation around them to make sure this happens again. They can only do this because they have the full confidence of the US government to continue acting like dominionists.

*knock knock knock*

"hey guys it's the spanish inquisition, we scheduled for 9? Hope we're not catching you at a bad time. Wouldn't want to show up unexpected"

@johnbryanpeters concurrent proxy war number two coming right up!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It is impossible to understand the situation without the perspective of generational existential threat, which is Israel was formed and survived under. And is often the case, they have extended that experience to the Palestinians. Israel is basically a country with high functioning PTSD, and Hamas with low functioning PTSD. With the rest of the world turning up the gain on that positive feedback loop using the situation for their own political purposes.
"nothing we do can be wrong"