Quantcast

It’s Learly Again…Good Night/Good Morning Thread

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Again, why does having a minivan or a truck or some other vehicle need to equate to not also still having a trailer?
The whole purpose of a truck is the quick and easy, load and go. That will work for the majority of our needs - the every weekend trip to the track or run to the shop. If we need a trailer, then realistically I'm looking at just saying "Fuck it" and paying the team drive it with their trailer and we take Wifey's car for people and gear/clothes/tools.

Edit: thinking this 'out loud' actually solves my problem. I'll spend <$500/yr getting the kart hauled to the distance races that we'd all go to. A truck solves my day-day problem without a need for a trailer, Decked, or maybe even a shell (maybe).

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The whole purpose of a truck is the quick and easy, load and go. That will work for the majority of our needs - the every weekend trip to the track or run to the shop. If we need a trailer, then realistically I'm looking at just saying "Fuck it" and paying the team drive it with their trailer and we take Wifey's car for people and gear/clothes/tools.

Edit: thinking this 'out loud' actually solves my problem. I'll spend <$500/yr getting the kart hauled to the distance races that we'd all go to. A truck solves my day-day problem without a need for a trailer, Decked, or maybe even a shell (maybe).
My vote is still a bus

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I went and drove a Tundra. Holy shit, that thing is huge. I got into a Tacoma Crew cab afterwards and it was the same size as my old Tundra. It would be a bit snug inside behind me, but given that we likely wouldn't be hauling all four of us in my car for any reason, the space is less of a concern. Haley and Hannah fit front/rear on the passenger side.

The bed is too narrow (57" at the top of the wheel well) but I only need 59". I can change the rear wheels out for fronts when transporting because they are 2" narrower (55"). I will still need to raise the bed for the kart to fit, so I would likely get something like the Decked though. But, the Tacoma is so much lower that even with the raised deck, I can still get it in/out easily with Haley.

We need to work through this some more, but I'm thinking a long bed Tacoma is in our future.