Quantcast

It’s Learly Again…Good Night/Good Morning Thread

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I've found a few that are lightweight, strong , have tall sides, suspension, and fit comfortably in the garage.
@stoney Enclosed? If so, I’ve been looking for something like this. Please send link via PM or post please. I’m serious about this. I’ve been looking and…no great results.

I’d already have one if not for the need to get it in the garage.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meeting basically went: visual capitulation > congratulations, we'll miss you > we have everything ready (visually lying) > congrats, stay in contact

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pretty cool example of "finding out" this morning. As I turned onto the road from my neighborhood, an eagle had just snatched a blackbird out of the air, one of those ones that tend to harass the eagles when they are around...the eagle landed next to my truck with the blackbird in it's talons...looking pretty content about how the blackbird was fucking around. The other blackbirds were giving it a wide berth then.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
talk went well. went to art fair with all my fellow american art nerd curators/collectors/patrons and delicious veal saltimbocca afterwards. currently holed up in a favorite little dive on the way back to the hotel.

tomorrow, gotta go look at some paintings, see a show, and then head home...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Trying to see the aurora, but Denver has such bad light pollution that we're basically looking into the sun when looking north. :shakefist:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I got stuck with this Lemond Road bike. (a 57) I have been trying to find the right person for it. Shimano 105. Its Red. Silver accents. Flite saddle. XTR seat post, and DX pedals. Its tight. For the right person.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney Enclosed? If so, I’ve been looking for something like this. Please send link via PM or post please. I’m serious about this. I’ve been looking and…no great results.

I’d already have one if not for the need to get it in the garage.
Not enclosed. I can't find anything that will fit in the garage and be enclosed. I need a 5x8 to fit the rear wheels and I want something with enough side-wall that I can put my tool boxes and stand, without concern about them falling off the side, and protects the kart. One of these has 24" sidewalls, which is enough to do that. And if I end up getting a stacker with two karts, it has that extra protection to help prevent accidental roll-off.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Not enclosed. I can't find anything that will fit in the garage and be enclosed. I need a 5x8 to fit the rear wheels and I want something with enough side-wall that I can put my tool boxes and stand, without concern about them falling off the side, and protects the kart. One of these has 24" sidewalls, which is enough to do that. And if I end up getting a stacker with two karts, it has that extra protection to help prevent accidental roll-off.

Those are really nice and I’m sure light. There is an enclosed one in town that a local church has that I’m pretty sure would fit in a garage. This weekend I plan on driving over there and measuring it for height. I’ll take pictures and dimensions and p.m. them to you if I think it would work.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Those are really nice and I’m sure light. There is an enclosed one in town that a local church has that I’m pretty sure would fit in a garage. This weekend I plan on driving over there and measuring it for height. I’ll take pictures and dimensions and p.m. them to you if I think it would work.
Given I'm towing with the All-Road, weight is a concern. I have a relatively low towing capacity without brakes, so I keep falling towards aluminium.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What is towing capacity of the allroad anyway?
In Europe and Australia, 1900kg/4200lbs with trailer brakes; 750kg/1650lbs without trailer brakes. In the US? apparently it doesn't have the ability to tow.

edit: two karts and stands, with lead mounted, is ~575#. An aluminum trailer is 550#. That gets me real close already, but it leaves space in the car to load the hatch with tools and stuff.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I’m reading this as you already are brodozer shopping.
I've looked at a Tacoma with the thoughts of putting a Decked system into the bed and a shell on top. I don't want a full-size truck. The issue I have is that even a normal full-sized truck it super tall and with the kart in the back, it leaves no room for the tools, etc. If we're staying anywhere and all four of us are going, then we have nowhere to put stuff because people are in the back seats.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've looked at a Tacoma with the thoughts of putting a Decked system into the bed and a shell on top. I don't want a full-size truck. The issue I have is that even a normal full-sized truck it super tall and with the kart in the back, it leaves no room for the tools, etc. If we're staying anywhere and all four of us are going, then we have nowhere to put stuff because people are in the back seats.
Why does having a truck need to equate to NOT having a trailer?

I’d think that a “normal full size” truck with four doors and a shell over the bed paired with a trailer would be money sauce. People in the cab, tools and luggage in the bed, and that would open up possibilities for a trailer that doesn’t have constraints of “it also needs to hold the tools” and could just be for 2-3 karts. Because you’ll eventually have 2-3 karts, right? Unless wifey also gets the big and then you’ll have 4!

Not everyone needs a truck, or even has use for one. You kinda do.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A Tacoma doesn't have a very wide bed either, not much extra room for activities. Plus that 6 cylinder, once you load the truck down with people, gear, tools etc, it'll be screaming. Plus they're expensive...

Is this minivan territory? :busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A Tacoma doesn't have a very wide bed either, not much extra room for activities. Plus that 6 cylinder, once you load the truck down with people, gear, tools etc, it'll be screaming. Plus they're expensive...

Is this minivan territory? :busted:
I looked at the minivan. Full-sized kart doesn't fit into it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Given I'm towing with the All-Road, weight is a concern. I have a relatively low towing capacity without brakes, so I keep falling towards aluminium.
why stoney no electric brakes? Lampert can pop on a trailer brake controller for not much money, although if you don't have a factory pigtail wiring from there to the hitch itself wouldn't be a trivial job.