Quantcast

It.....is....Finished!!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Mr. Mikey Cobler delicately pieced together my demo for me and i picked it up today:D

first ride on it was amazing, even with the undersprung stock spring. i never knew what i was missing with the 26" rear wheel...who woulda' thunk it ;) the ability to maintain momentum over the bighit is pretty apparent. i can't wait to get my Ti spring in:love:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I still cant believe you put that saddle on there. Is it time for a New Saddle for Tubby Fund? I'll start us off with a $2.00 donation.

Oh yeah, the bike looks HAWT and I'm probably just bashing your saddle cause I'm jealous and want your frame.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
you are all so jealous of the saddle. it is by far the most comfortable seat i've ever had and chicks definitely dig it.

at least after the races when everyone is trying to tell a story about "some guy that ate it in the rock garden....blah...blah...blah", i can be remembered as...."oooh...did you see that guy eat it in the rock garden?...you know...the one with that hideous seat"

and if it is ever stolen i can identify it very easily :D

i'm gonna have to check on tire clearance for it though, may have to put the old specialized bighit saddle on it.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
:think: WTF is that big red thing attached to the seatpost?

Otherwise realy nice! What spring did you wind up getting?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
motomike said:
Tubby, if you ever come to my house, you are getting a new seat put on that thing. end of story.

a real friend would respect me for who i am and not judge me by what i put between my butt cheeks.

should i give into the peer pressure and change the seat?

salami: ended up ordering the 500# spring based on the spring calculator chart from that thread in DH forum

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
motomike said:
Tubby, if you ever come to my house, you are getting a new seat put on that thing. end of story.

...Tubby - I wouldn't go to Moto's anytime soon - have you seen the wimpy seat he's using :eek: ...I sat on it last week and I'm still suffering!

...between you and me - I think it's one of the "shaved leg" type of seats :rofl:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
danW said:
...Tubby - I wouldn't go to Moto's anytime soon - have you seen the wimpy seat he's using :eek: ...I sat on it last week and I'm still suffering!

...between you and me - I think it's one of the "shaved leg" type of seats :rofl:
Mike's seat is actually big and cushy for the size of his ass.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
all you need to do now is braze some footpegs on the swingarm for the passenger that that huge seat will allow you to carry.

they'll be way too unstable back there flailing away, if they don't have a place to clip in.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I fail to see how the saddle of Tubby's bike relates to Mike's ass...I'm sure there are creative answers to that riddle, but we'll all sleep better if no one lays them out... :)

Not that I'm knocking the saddle, but it seems ironic to me that you would pony up for a ti spring and still run such a ginormoungous saddle...are you a weight weenie or aren't you?! Kidding of course.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i went ahead and modified this pic so that it brought out the true beauty of the seat :D

by the way, that monster saddle is actually lighter than the smaller one i have that belonged on the big hit.

so after this whole seat debacle....at least everyone will know who's bike is tubby's :thumb: kinda like how my S10 can be identified by the paintball marks all over the side of it that were never washed off :D

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
manimal said:
someone gets to fight me to change my seat. now that would be some good entertainment :thumb:
Especially if that someone was Mike...I mean, how far do you think you could throw him? That could be a fun contest in and of itself.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and if you bring it to the "rock". it'll get unceremoniously tossed upside down into the back of a pick-up. scuffing that pretty flame job all to hell.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I have been throwing around the idea of selling mine for a while now. I rarely ride it, and I relly just prefer my DJ bike and the riding I do on it, and I really really want a DSLR. The only thing stopping me is the day or 2 every coupla months that I actually need a big bike. Im considering making the sacrifice. I really think that having a DSLR would help me get my photography where I want it.

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
thats good. i just like having a big bike i need a fork stem, brakes, cranks and bars. thats it
if anyone has used that they can sell at reasonable price will be great considered

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
escapeartist said:
I have been throwing around the idea of selling mine for a while now. I rarely ride it, and I relly just prefer my DJ bike and the riding I do on it, and I really really want a DSLR. The only thing stopping me is the day or 2 every coupla months that I actually need a big bike. Im considering making the sacrifice. I really think that having a DSLR would help me get my photography where I want it.
If you sell your BigHit, that means if you go back to Snowshoe or another bike park, you'll have to rent a bike, which is $$$, and if you ever want to try something big you'll have to go for it on your Identiti. I'd say you should keep it dude.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
manimal said:
a real friend would respect me for who i am and not judge me by what i put between my butt cheeks.
No wonder it's red. Most people put saddles under their buttcheeks. They stay black and normal shaped when you do that.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
TCP21 said:
fork bars,stem hub and brakes

...I've got a set of bars and brakes for you...maybe some other crap too...and don't ask me what kind etc - I try not to deal trivial details :rolleyes:

...and Alex - you should keep your other bike...kinda like stocks - stay diverse :teacher: