Quantcast

###It's Friday, Friday, holy freakin crap it's Friday!!!!!###

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I have to leave the office at 10 to go shop for items for our "solution room". It's already today in San Francisco, so good morning Ridemonkey.

Teaching my daughter to ride clipless this weekend at her request. :thumb:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Pic from my commute this morning.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Got hit by a car on the road bike yesterday. Taking the pain away via alcohol still. Bummed that I can't ride until I get out to Vegas for interbike.

CrossVegas in a few days then Interbike for the rest of the week...Yes please!!!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday the rain stopped around 11am, and at 11:30, they closed the right of way due to the weather and sent everybody home.

Nothing is planned for today, but at least it's not raining, and supposed to hit 80 today.

Be safe out there.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
the weathers supposed to be pretty nice to day and im pretty damn happy. the rain was getting old and now i can go back to doing dumb things outside:thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
ROLF! Happy Friday! Four more hours of leadership training this morning. It ends at noon, at which time my weekend begins. Going for a 22 mile run this afternoon, then road rides Saturday and Sunday. Y'all be good now.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yeah...it FINALLY stopped raining! The tree next to my house was struck by lightening on Sunday so we have been without internet, phone and directtv all week! Roadrunner guy came last night and told us the whole line was fried. DirectTV can't make it out until next Thursday so Syd's not a happy camper (though we haven't told her about Hulu yet).

In other news, my little monkey is officially a Kindergartner!!!! School started for her on Tuesday and while she enjoys it, she doesn't enjoy the 6am wake-up call. Her bus comes at 6:40am (she's one of the first kids on) and gets off the bus at school at 7:45am!!! She's REALLY looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow :)

Off to school I go...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Happy Friday... why is it that the short weeks always seem to last the longest?!? Doing some lift access DHing tomorrow at Swain with a bunch of people although I'm thinking with all the rain this week that it will turn into a mudfest. Gonna be slippin and slidin down the hill all day long!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Started my drive to seattle yesterday. Drove through the night. Was happy to spend the night ripping through flyover country. A hundred or so miles until I hit the rockies.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
work sucks.
weekend should be good.
awoken by the ungodly cry of a fisher last night.

going to see The National/Yo La Tengo/Wye Oak tonight.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Yeah...it FINALLY stopped raining! The tree next to my house was struck by lightening on Sunday so we have been without internet, phone and directtv all week! .....

In other news, my little monkey is officially a Kindergartner!!!!
Congratulations to Syd!! Woot!! My little monkey is officially a middle-schooler! He's growing up waaaaay too fast!!

I never bothered to have cable/directtv hooked up when I moved a month ago. I'm so far out in the boonies I can't even get the network station with rabbit ears. I've decided I really don't miss tv all that much, though. I'm making do with Netflix and Hulu, and that seems to be working for us. Now, if it was internet, that'd be another story.... ;)

We had some massive flooding up in our area due to the rain, so the first day of school (yesterday) was canceled since we were in a state of emergency and the roads were closed!! Some of the roads around me were washed out, but the most damage is about 30 minutes south of where I live. I'm on high enough ground that I wasn't affected, but some people I know in low lying areas were not in good shape. The entire downtowns of Owego and Binghamton, NY were flooded. Very sad!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Was out eating super fancy food and drinking vintage champagne last night as we were invited out by a advertising partner. Oldest bottle was from 1989. Finished off the night at some club with more champagne and vodka. I was not home late and I think this will be one very unproductive day at work but all worth it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept in, tea and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. This morning officially wins. Still awaiting spokes for my wheel, I LOVE my I9's but I'm starting to question the wisdom of a proprietary spoke. :think: This will not be the first time I've been bikeless for a week or more due to spokes. Guess I need to buy a cheapy front wheel just like I bought a cheap rear. First day of pre-school was a great success, girl had fun and neither I or the wife cried.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Started my drive to seattle yesterday. Drove through the night. Was happy to spend the night ripping through flyover country. A hundred or so miles until I hit the rockies.
don't forget to pick up some hitch hikers.

EDIT: stupid road ride/race happening on the Sea to Sky this weekend = be across Lion's Gate bridge before 6:00am if I want to get to Whistler=ghey.

Norm Macdonald show tomorrow night.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

Slept in, tea and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. This morning officially wins. Still awaiting spokes for my wheel, I LOVE my I9's but I'm starting to question the wisdom of a proprietary spoke. :think: This will not be the first time I've been bikeless for a week or more due to spokes. Guess I need to buy a cheapy front wheel just like I bought a cheap rear.
Dude - just buy a half-dozen spokes to keep on hand. Problem solved. :D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Moving there? I want to, seeing what I can do about a jorb up there.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning yahoos! Guess where I am!?!?!? On my way to WHISTLER with teh hubby! Got nothing but sunshine, blue skies, and DH shredding in our future! Yeehaw! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Congratulations to Syd!! Woot!! My little monkey is officially a middle-schooler! He's growing up waaaaay too fast!!

I never bothered to have cable/directtv hooked up when I moved a month ago. I'm so far out in the boonies I can't even get the network station with rabbit ears. I've decided I really don't miss tv all that much, though. I'm making do with Netflix and Hulu, and that seems to be working for us. Now, if it was internet, that'd be another story.... ;)

We had some massive flooding up in our area due to the rain, so the first day of school (yesterday) was canceled since we were in a state of emergency and the roads were closed!! Some of the roads around me were washed out, but the most damage is about 30 minutes south of where I live. I'm on high enough ground that I wasn't affected, but some people I know in low lying areas were not in good shape. The entire downtowns of Owego and Binghamton, NY were flooded. Very sad!
Yeah, it's been quiet here...no TV (can't get local stations where we are either), no internet, no telephone and bare bones service for the cell phone. We've made due...playing Wii, watching movies, playing games and doing puzzles :)