Quantcast

Its quite dead in here...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Summer will do that I guess.

Been riding a lot lately, but need to ride more! Pulled out the helmet camera, hope to start filming some rides. I know most helmet cam footage looks lame, but its cool to hook the camera up to the TV after and re-live the ride!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I look forward to the ride vids, and you are a badass for riding in the heat. :cheers:

This is my 11th summer in The Valley of the Sun and maybe my last. Hopefully I can get back to some steady work, finally find and build me a SubZero (that's no longer manufactured) to ride this winter and then bounce to a state that has more than 2 seasons...

:drool:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I look forward to the ride vids, and you are a badass for riding in the heat. :cheers:

This is my 11th summer in The Valley of the Sun and maybe my last. Hopefully I can get back to some steady work, finally find and build me a SubZero (that's no longer manufactured) to ride this winter and then bounce to a state that has more than 2 seasons...
Moving huh? I've heard a few people say that now.

Haha, thanks. I work 6:30-2:30 now, so riding in the afternoon is all I have. That or night rides. In the winter it will be awesome. Been doing mostly trail on one of these:

And road on this new toy:

Here is the only riding vid so far, this is Hairball Trail near Dreamy Draw. Its pretty gnarly for the area.
(I'm a crappy editor, so ignore that) I also can't figure out how to imbed Vimeo...

So just follow the link: http://vimeo.com/6014521

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Did over 100 miles last week. 89 on the roadie and 20 miles on the mountain bike.
Rode in Flagstaff yesterday, climbed up to 2500 feet. Great ride. Ripped down the mountain so fast...

Looking forward to another week of riding!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Hello Wheres that hairball trial located!
I sent you a PM with a map.

Haven't ridden at all this week. :think: Sucks too cause I was on track last week.
I need new wheels for the CoilAir already, they keep loosening up and I dented the hell out of the rear.
Surprisingly I was able to keep up and in front of a bunch of guys on South on Geronimo and Holbert :D That's probably why I need new wheels...

Kinda getting tired of riding XC already, I need to keep switching it up. I need some DH gnar!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So since its still dead in here...

Didn't ride at all last week, my birthday totally threw me off.
So hopefully this week I can get back to weights/trainer/riding.

Still pretty freakin' hot though - tried to ride after work yesterday, almost threw up on T100 after 2 good climbs. Back to the car (and A/C) I went. So instead I rode the road bike to the store and bought groceries.
Might have to just do the trainer for now until it cools off and we get rid of this humidity.

Put the stock 75mm stem back on the CoilAir - wow, it climbed great. Little sketch on the DH's though, so I think the Deity 50mm is going back on.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Its apparently still dead. I guess no one in AZ rides anymore *cough* stinky *cough*

My van is not running...neither is my car. So, I'm technically carless at the moment. But its been good, it was the motivation I needed to get back on the bike for errands/work. Been commuting all this week, its been fun.

Who woulda thought I'd have so much fun on a $300 singlespeed road bike?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Its apparently still dead. I guess no one in AZ rides anymore *cough* stinky *cough*

My van is not running...neither is my car. So, I'm technically carless at the moment. But its been good, it was the motivation I needed to get back on the bike for errands/work. Been commuting all this week, its been fun.

Who woulda thought I'd have so much fun on a $300 singlespeed road bike?
Haha ya fukkin roadie! :D Sh1ts been weird this summer and PHX is taking it's toll on this old man, but if you need a lift anywhere, don't hesitate brother. For the hell of it we could get drunk and make a big scene at the Pig?

:rofl: :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I've been traveling too much... I get home and don't want to do anything but chill (i.e. drink). But I worked on my bkes last weekend so I actually have 4 functional bikes again.

Actually heading to Sedona this weekend with a buddy from SoCal... gotta be a heart attack ride trying to keep up with him, but should be fun to get back on the bike.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Haha ya fukkin roadie! :D Sh1ts been weird this summer and PHX is taking it's toll on this old man, but if you need a lift anywhere, don't hesitate brother. For the hell of it we could get drunk and make a big scene at the Pig?

:rofl: :thumb:
Thanks man! I appreciate the offer. So far, so good this week!
I agree its been a weird summer. :think:

Oh man, making a scene at the Pig :rofl: As if George doesn't like me enough!

I've been traveling too much... I get home and don't want to do anything but chill (i.e. drink). But I worked on my bkes last weekend so I actually have 4 functional bikes again.

Actually heading to Sedona this weekend with a buddy from SoCal... gotta be a heart attack ride trying to keep up with him, but should be fun to get back on the bike.
Good on ya! Yeah, I stopped riding for awhile this summer too, just had so much else going on all the time.
Had a nasty, face first into the ground, lawn dart crash two weeks ago, the week before that, I went down at Sunrise on Nemesis, jacked my shoulder, so I kept staying off the bike.

You guys both going to Tour De Fat on the 10th?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You guys both going to Tour De Fat on the 10th?
I'm prolly taking this year off. First time I'll miss it. Looks like it will be only 92 saturday, so it will be cooler than years past, but money is tight and this is the first year I don't have a junk drawer with a bunch of left over beer tokens... :( Or a new bike to show off...

Take and post some pix if you guys go! :thumb:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm prolly taking this year off. First time I'll miss it. Looks like it will be only 92 saturday, so it will be cooler than years past, but money is tight and this is the first year I don't have a junk drawer with a bunch of left over beer tokens... :( Or a new bike to show off...

Take and post some pix if you guys go! :thumb:
Bummer.
But I understand.

I'm probably going to be on my roadie, as I'm going to be putting in a 50+ mile day...riding to Scottsdale to meet a azDog, then to Tempe, then back to his place, then home. Or something like that...

Pics will be posted!

Yesterday we did an evening shuttle on South, with DooDooBoi, SixtySix, AzDog, and a new guy SPIDERS (Mike). Pretty sweet, except I flatted on Geronimo and SPIDERS snapped the seatstay on his Iron Horse. :shocked:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I've seen this board twitch a few times...

Got a new set of wheels for the CoilAir! Mavic Crossmax SX. Running tubeless now, so much better. Dropped a whole bunch of weight too! Plus, they look trick. Having a blast on the CoilAir, actually setup the Magic Link properly. Put an 8" rotor up front, thinking of putting one on the back as well.

Put a Race Face DH stem on the roadie...haha. Did a 63 mile ride on Sunday, my house to Tempe, to Ahwatukee, to Mesa and back. Felt good.

The van is running again too, I've been lazy and have been driving this week...