Quantcast

Jamis Bam or Giant Glory?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
giant, hands down. i havent not seen 1 broken glory frame in 2 years? maybe? but yet diablo has 4 broken jamis bikes every 2 weeks.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Can I buy it?

Also, is the Glory a good bike to ride at Diablo? If I'm gonna get it from Canada, I want it to fit.
the glory is prob one of the best bikes for diablo. very strong, very durable and realiable. i have been riding my 09 giant glory for over a year and have had no problems at all, and i ride at diablo alot.

how tall are you?

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
I am 6' 1" so I will need a large.

Will the glory do good with dirt jumps (not the main focal point) and the drops (anthem, cannon...) ??

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I am 6' 1" so I will need a large.

Will the glory do good with dirt jumps (not the main focal point) and the drops (anthem, cannon...) ??
correct, i have 2 team mates that have larges and are going to be selling them within the next few weeks. if you are interested PM me.

of course it will. the glory frame is very balanced. all the weight is in low and in the middle of the frame so you wont even notice it. come out this weekend to diablo and you can parkin lot test ride one of my team mates bikes.

dennis

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2009
I just broke my 4th BAM over NOTHING. 3 times double chainstay snap, one bottom bracket snap. I work for a Giant dealer now. Going for the GLORY!!!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
how can jamis possibly make any money of their DH line - they sell them for pretty cheap, and it sounds like they're warrantying like 200% or 300% of the frames they make. How can you possibly make money when you have to warranty your warranty frame?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I wont list names, but i know a kid on his 7th Jamis, somebody on their 3rd, and 2 others that double dipped. I do think jamis will go out of business soon, because every frame they sold from 2008-2010 snapped, or will, and most (all) were warrantied with the exact same 1. That being said, i have a 2011 that is sitting in my basement, and i truely do not think that will break, but with a 2 year track record and almost every owner double (or more) dipping) who will want to go and buy 1.

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
I heard that they will not be making a Dh frame this coming year. And btw, this thread is sooo old. I have gotten a 2010 Session 8 already.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I heard that they will not be making a Dh frame this coming year. And btw, this thread is sooo old. I have gotten a 2010 Session 8 already.
incorrect, they were going to, but since they already invested 3 years worth or R&D plus testing, they are cutting their losses, and plan to produce the 2011. Better to try to cut some of the losses than just accept them all together.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Jamis wont go out of business because of their DH line they have plenty of other bikes that people buy. ei: road and XC bikes.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Jamis wont go out of business because of their DH line they have plenty of other bikes that people buy. ei: road and XC bikes.
oh yah, no fear of them going out of business, but why the hell do they sell a DH bike? they've gotta be losing buckets of money on it selling them for low margins and warranting them on a pretty regular basis

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
No joke here, better yet been waiting for a frame replacement for over a week and its to replace a 2010 with an 2009 since they don't have 2010's any more. Better yet if you saw the last race there were more gold (2009) frames out there then grey (2010). Jamis should stop by the next race, maybe they would see how well they are handling the situation.