Quantcast

Japanese Gulch..

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
So japanese gulch isn't too far from my place.. Any one willing to show me around? I'm looking for some downhill and free ride trails. If those are too secret then maybe some smooth single track downhill

PM me

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
there is nothing at the gultch except for stinging nettle and railroad tracks anymore. There used to be some jumps off of the goat trail rd entrance but they are probably extremely worn down. Also some freeride stuff used to be not too far from the boeing sports complex but that is probably all rotted away.

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
the jumps on the baseball feild side have been rebuilt and are running pretty good thers like 4 in a row and a small line

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
i've got a lot of time on my hands :P

lets build son
Yes sir (er... "father") :D

My coworker and I did some bushhogging today and we have a good natural line with a double to berm, stepdown to berm and either a big drop to the left or a berm to the right and onto none-existing doubles or something. We have started to mark the route out.

Lots of room for fun and easy access. Good access road back up for quick runs.

PM your email / contact. Let's get the northend back on track. :monkeydance:

bills.name

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
Seattle
I also work 2 minutes from Japanese Gulch and am willing to help build/rebuild. Hit me up whenever you guys are planning on doing some work.

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Got out and did some trail maintenance today. Fun fun. It is staying lighter out every day now.

At Japanese Gulch, I'd like to see the big step up fixed and some of the area around it repaired. Other than that, I don't know why anyone would bother with the West side of the gulch. It is way to wet and always overgrowing to really keep anything long term going.

The one trail heading down the East side is pretty fun all things considering, but what in the frigging world is going on with those steep and short, mostly un-ridable cutbacks here and there? Must have started out as a running trail?

klikboom

Chimp
Jul 11, 2005
EveRett
Nice, I live in everett, work next to the gulch too. I'm just getting back to riding after knee surgery last year. I took my DH bike out there a month ago for my first off-road ride in a year, and i realized i need to shed some bike-weight and go to a single crown fork...

I'm busy climbing until June on the weekends but if you're going out there on a weekday night shoot me a PM. I'd like to tag along and don't mind working a shovel.

Laters,
AAron

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
Got out and did some trail maintenance today. Fun fun. It is staying lighter out every day now.

At Japanese Gulch, I'd like to see the big step up fixed and some of the area around it repaired. Other than that, I don't know why anyone would bother with the West side of the gulch. It is way to wet and always overgrowing to really keep anything long term going.

The one trail heading down the East side is pretty fun all things considering, but what in the frigging world is going on with those steep and short, mostly un-ridable cutbacks here and there? Must have started out as a running trail?
some one is rebuilding the big step up and the drop. i wonder who it could be?

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
some one is rebuilding the big step up and the drop. i wonder who it could be?
Well, as much as I'd like to take the credit, I have yet to be out at Japanese Gulch this spring. As someone is already taking the lead, let's all get out there one afternoon and get at least one line going. The main trails are already plenty established and won't really need much work. Anything "fun" should utilize some of the existing run down stuff or perhaps some new terrain (on the dry side).

bout time, hopefully it gets rebuilt right and not all crazy style like before.
Agreed, although I do like a little bit of Crazy. I liked that old line down the West side with the gaps and the final big drop. It was always a little slick at the bottom which made the process a bit hairy sometimes.

I don't see anyone driving a truck back into the woods again, nor a ladder being built up and over it. :pirate2:

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
I am not going to be mentioning much about this little number, but I might share a few generic photographs.

I am building with a Canadian, need I say more?

Stump:

Stump standing further away:

Giving you any ideas? :imstupid:

Last edited:

Stinkythad

Chimp
Apr 18, 2009
I'm new to the area and would love to get in on some building and/or maintenance. Freeride and dh preferrably but I'm up for anything. xc could can lead to dh.