Quantcast

Joelsman's DH9

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
Mostly the same parts that I had on the asx, except the rear hub, rear brake and the fork crowns. Mono 4 wouldn't fit the rear so I got a mini.

the risse crowns are very nice and much less than the other after market crowns, the only problem with them is that they were missing half the bolts, nothing that a trip to the hardware store couldn't fix though, and $1.43.

I like the bike alot how it is right now, long and slack, Have to ride fast, not so great at slow speeds, but I don't ride slow anyways.

wheelbase is 47.6in BB is 14.7in.

weight is about 45lbs.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
The mono mini has enough power, at least for the rear, peaty uses them front and rear, the mono4 was better(on the asx).

the I beam is ok, one guy I've talked to has broken quite a few of the seats, split them when landed on one side. I haven't had a problem though.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
super nice rig man, lookin sharp! :thumb:

it's wierd how the shock pivot on the top eyelet looks like it wants to slam the top tube. Dude you should mount a squeeky toy right above your shock so every time you G out and you lose the sag in your travel you get a squeek. :p :D

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Skookum said:
super nice rig man, lookin sharp! :thumb:

it's wierd how the shock pivot on the top eyelet looks like it wants to slam the top tube. Dude you should mount a squeeky toy right above your shock so every time you G out and you lose the sag in your travel you get a squeek. :p :D
That would be fun to try! My friend could try that with his stinky.