Quantcast

Joes Jump Farm....

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
dont get me wrong he is a great guy and a great rider but i absolutley hate that move and it seems its all anyone ever shoots of him, from video to pics, all throughout the last 5 years. just old and ugly. still like rando tho

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I was going to go to the bathroom before I started reading this thread, I just pee'd my pants instead.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Wow. Your crew does some work.

I was surprised by the Spangler comment. I've seen him ride a few times. He's does his own thing, and does it well. In my book, you just can't beat a proper euro table.

I remember an old issue of Dirt that had some shots of Spangler, and a few other MTB pros riding something in NZ called "Super Track" or something? Looked like some of the biggest stuff I'm aware of being ridden on a bicycle.

-L

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Beautiful work dude. So sick that you got the chance to put together a dream place like that. Congrats man.

Time to start up a business and getting resorts to start paying you to build this type of stuff. I know at least one of the pinkbike crew has started up something like that and is loving it.

The Ito

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Time for another update. We started the first wallride today. The lip for the wall is ground level just like you see in the pic. The lip is already 4 feet tall because of how deep the bowl is. The wall will start 2 feet above the ground, and reach 12 feet above the ground at the top. The top of the poles in the pics, are not not the top of the wall. It will be about 4 feet lower than the top of the poles in the pics. We are going to cut the poles when the wall is up. We will leave the center pole uncut to hang a large light on. There will be lights on all corners of the Farm. The wall is curved, and will be 20 feet long. The top of the landing will be ground level, and dive 6 feet below ground level into a bowl that leads to the next lip.
We should have the entire frame for the wall welded together, and up by tomorrow. The wall should be layered with plywood the day after tomorrow.
Oh yeah. The poles are creted 6 feet under ground.:cheers:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I've built and have seen some really nice stuff in my day and have to say that looks really good. 6' concrete holes w/ steel box tubing? Are you guys planning on riding motocycles on that thing?!

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
i dont wanna ride there i wanna film you guys riding there. dam man my sony vx2000's with wide angles would love that place. i mean we got a cannon eos d1 10 megapixelcam and a sony 8 mgapxl cam as well.hell i would even bring a helmet cam for that place . could be bitching.. lol all i know is i need land and to hire you guys to build.. that **** is perfect.. i mean talk about thaught out and planned.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Except for some tweeking on the lip and landing of the wall ride, it is finished. It is kind of set up for learner status right now, with the lip elevated all the way to the wall, and a burm built up all the way along the bottom, for early exit. A couple of heads in our crew have had some bad experiences with walls, so they get a couple days of easy style, then we will chop the lip down to gap out again, and eliminate the burm along the bottom. I got to hit it twice right before dark tonight, and it is way fun.:monkeydance:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Yesterday was mos def the best session that has gone down at the Farm yet. I only pulled out the camera for a few minutes, but the session was about 8 hours long. My boy AT tailwipped the big dub into the wallride. There was a few streched out superman to no foot cans go down, as in one trick. Fycking ridiculous!
New sets going up this week, and a new wall ride.

The posse that threw down.

Threeing the dub into the wall.

Brosif xing.

The man who makes it all possible. Big Joe.