Quantcast

Juicy 5 Issue - Hose flex?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Is it just me or do the stock avid brake lines flex a ton? No matter how much I bleed my rear brake I can't get the engagement point to come anywhere near that of the front (Juicy 5's so no contact point adjustment). Is this usually the case with Avids or is this an isolated issue?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm with ya, I have the same problem with both sets of my 5s. I've bled mine at least 4 or 5 times and they still suck. I've never noticed much hose flex, but I haven't really been looking for it.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Yeah i don't want to be one of these people that say "its crap to everything they don't have"

But i had a pair of them for 2 days and they broke.. The hose collapsed inside or something on both of them!! The bleed kit was a rip off.. so sent them back and got shimano xt instead, and never looked back!!

It may be worth it.. But i have heard a lot of people say there great!! when they worked they felt nice!!

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I've had them a year so sending them back isn't an option. I'm pretty sure the lines are the problem, I keep getting small black chunks of brake line in the fluid when I bleed them. I'm going to switch to Goodridge lines to see if that helps.