Quantcast

Jumping Hips to the Left and Carving Quarters to the Right

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I ride left foot forward and I have to carve quarters to the right... But after spending about a month on my 20" and dirt jumping both left and right hips I noticed I can turn to the left in the air so much easier than right.

Is this common? It has been a real surprise to me.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
yeah same here.... i can left hip decently, but still can't hit a decent left turn wallride. my natural qp direction is left-foot-forward right turn.....

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
I ride left foot forward and I have to carve quarters to the right... But after spending about a month on my 20" and dirt jumping both left and right hips I noticed I can turn to the left in the air so much easier than right.
im exactly the same. it took me forever to figure out the right hand hip at my own jumps

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
your in the same boat as me. We are the goofy footers. Its like we do out entire run switch but little do they know its our normal way! hahahahha

its fun stuff

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Im glad Im not the only retard out there. All my bmx friends make fun of me cause im so one way or the other. I ride left foot forward. I can only table the the left. I can only hip to the right but am getting better at left hips. I turn better to the left but I spin right and bar spin to the right.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
bmx left foot forward, but i skateboard right foot forward.... at least i don't push mondo.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
right footed but table to the left, which makes it really weird to do a table over a left hip which is the one I prefer

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
Riding "goofy footed" is awesome. People are always like how can you dooo that???

I too ride right foot forward and when airing a quarter i turn to my right, and I prefer right turn berms, i get all wiggly going left and fall 99.9% of the time airing to the left lol

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
Learning how to ride switch is so hard. I been learning opposite 360 for a month now. I can air quarters opposite decently and hip both directions just fine now. Its Funny though because when I started started I was regular footed. How does that stuff happen. to tell you the truth the best way to learn Opposite stuff is trying 180s on flat. it basically forces you body to learn that feeling and remember it. I'm going to the park today to try some oppo 3's. I have that feeling I'm going to get hurt.