Quantcast

Jurgen Beneke Awesome

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
respect to jurgen! well done!
what bike was he on, last i remember was that marin DH proto.. any news on that?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Beneke is an awesome guy, on and off the bike. he still shows up to the local east coast races and usually always wins...

diablo round 1. shows up sunday at 9:15 and askes me "hey where do i sign up?".... comes out and wins by 2 seconds.

windham he wins by 9-15 seconds with other WC riders in the field.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
In addition to DH, Jurgen still shows up to the local XC races, racing pro XC. It's a shame they don't still have the "overall" classification anymore.

24th in the Alpe D'Huez Megavalanche a few weeks ago, too.

62nd- so that's 13 places ahead of Palmer? ;)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
no way it can be the same course because this years was different than last years. back than they basically just went straight down ski slopes.
There were 3 big fireroad sections in the pre 95' years, but hardly 'straight down ski slopes'. I rode the DH track every year with my team riders from 91'-2004' and it has always been one of the hardest, roughest, most grueling track on the circuit...if not THE hardest. 91' and 92' was 65% ski/jeep road. but they made changes in 93' that included a ton of single track in the rocks and woods.

Point being anyone ever winning in MSA is pure badas$

dhjunke

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
no way it can be the same course because this years was different than last years. back than they basically just went straight down ski slopes.
I remember seeing single track and ski slopes/fireroads.

There were 3 big fireroad sections in the pre 95' years, but hardly 'straight down ski slopes'. I rode the DH track every year with my team riders from 91'-2004' and it has always been one of the hardest, roughest, most grueling track on the circuit...if not THE hardest. 91' and 92' was 65% ski/jeep road. but they made changes in 93' that included a ton of single track in the rocks and woods.

Point being anyone ever winning in MSA is pure badas$
Thanks and agreed! MSA always been known as bad-ass.

Was thinking about the times in '94 vs '09.

I was thinking they just didn't make the courses as long as they used to.

But maybe the riders are just that much faster.

Better tires, bike, suspension, etc.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
^ I don't think you can ever make the argument of the best at one period of time vs the best in another period.

Put Sam Hill on a 94' piece of crap bike-in 1994 and he would still be up there battling with the Beneke's, Nico's etc....

Everyone who has raced DH at that level has always been great bike warriors...except the latest crop of Americans, with the exception of a few.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Is that guy who finished 8th's name pronounced "Douche end"? That must be a harsh life...

-ska todd

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
I remember seeing single track and ski slopes/fireroads.

Thanks and agreed! MSA always been known as bad-ass.

Was thinking about the times in '94 vs '09.

I was thinking they just didn't make the courses as long as they used to.

But maybe the riders are just that much faster.

Better tires, bike, suspension, etc.
way to steal my user nameee... haha and yeah Jurgen is an animal and nice guy!