Quantcast

Just Ridin' Along...

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
Talk about riding it out to the bitter end!
That boy has got bolth feet still on the pedels. Good job Tanner.
Glad to see you jump rite up and you are ok.
Props from your uncle

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That's the SX. NOT the SX trail. SX drail has better chainstays, more travel, and a shock that works. My chainstays broke too. The bike is meant for 4x and slalom only, nothing bigger.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
ok thats what I though becuase I also saw a guy doing a pretty big drop with and sx trail and it held up fine. Why in the world would someone do a drop that big on a normall SX??

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Well we now know what link to send people when they are inquring how much the sx's can handle. That's about the limit! Nice friggin' air bro!

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
largextracheese said:
Well we now know what link to send people when they are inquring how much the sx's can handle. That's about the limit! Nice friggin' air bro!
Well I would hope most people don't expect to be able to huck a frigging race bike with an air shock off a 20 foot drop, I mean honestly how ****ing stupid are people?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
lanman said:
Well I would hope most people don't expect to be able to huck a frigging race bike with an air shock off a 20 foot drop, I mean honestly how ****ing stupid are people?
Watch the video... one guy hit it on a hardtail.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Nice drop too bad about the bike, and to all the naysayers i think he landed it once in the vid, also someone landed it on a hardtail:blah:

Oojah

Chimp
Jan 30, 2006
Those trails look sweet. I wonder if there is any like that in Western PA, Northeastern Ohio?

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
You can tell from the side profile of the picture that the tranny is not steep enough. If the tranny was further out, (like 10 feet) but the same angle, and he hit it with more speed, his bike would have handled it just fine. Or, they could have built the landing steeper. It looks like they did a good job on the tranny, it just needed to be steeper. Nice drop though.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
aluminum fatigues, it's a lightish stay, most of the '05 enduro line up was known for having some iffy stays, they also got improved/revamped promptly by the big S

he road the bike........ if you look around on the site and watch some of the video clips, you'll see the bike getting used a good bit, and probably a little outside of it's design intentions. Repeated use like this, eventually it just gave, this just happened to the be the hit that it snapped on.