Quantcast

Just went out for dinner...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I got Cold Stone this weekend because my girlfriend's parents were down here. It's delicious but waaayy too rich for me to eat on a regular basis.

Whatever you do, do NOT visit their website and view the nutrition facts.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had Cold stone yesterday. I got that from the wife instead of a birthday cake. :love:

I had the "Love it" Coffee Lovers Only concoction. Mmmmmm...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Well you say that and I HAVE to go look.
I hoped that would convince someone to uncover their sins :D

My snack from yesterday: 1280 calories, 64g fat.
Yep. And I'm sure it was worth every calorie.

I've seen a whole lot of people in Cold Stone that should not be taking on those excess calories :dead:.

A guy there yesterday ordered a "Gotta Have It" that had an entire brownie, several candy bars and at least one kind of syrup in it. I can't even imagine how he finished it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
I hoped that would convince someone to uncover their sins :D

Yep. And I'm sure it was worth every calorie.

I've seen a whole lot of people in Cold Stone that should not be taking on those excess calories :dead:.

A guy there yesterday ordered a "Gotta Have It" that had an entire brownie, several candy bars and at least one kind of syrup in it. I can't even imagine how he finished it.
The coffee ice cream alone isn't that bad (660 calories), but adding the caramel, whole Heath Bar, almonds, and waffle bowl kind of doubled the calorie count. :D

It's ok though....I went home and drank only two beers so I still come out ahead.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I went with the birthday cake redux (I think that's what it is called). Cake batter ice cream, brownie, rainbow jimmies, and chocolate syrup. I only had the like it size but still felt like a nap afterwards.

I was feeling it all day yesterday too.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dogwonder said:
...and had this for dessert. Dear God, I have a new favorite ice cream.
I think that Cold Stone is kind of weak, actually. Yeah, the mix ins are nice & all, but at the core it's just gloppy, half-melted average tasting ice cream. Lots of texture agents & artifical flavors.

Not widely available, but the next time you are in NYC, stop by the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory for some of the best ice cream ever....:drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bluebug32 said:
Where, where where is this little scoop of heaven? And why haven't I found it yet??
The only one in the northeast that I know of is in Springfield, MA.

They're all over the place in the south.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
The only one in the northeast that I know of is in Springfield, MA.

They're all over the place in the south.
Yeah, there is one at the Basketball Hall of Fame...like two miles from my office. THANK GOD you don't have to buy a ticket to the Hoops Hall to get ice cream though.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Where, where where is this little scoop of heaven? And why haven't I found it yet??
The cold stone I went to was at the Palisade's mall, about an hour down the road towards the city. They are supposed to be putting a Marble Slab creamery (I think) in the Poughkeepsie Galleria soon. Never had one of those but imagine is about the same thing.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dogwonder said:
The cold stone I went to was at the Palisade's mall, about an hour down the road towards the city. They are supposed to be putting a Marble Slab creamery (I think) in the Poughkeepsie Galleria soon. Never had one of those but imagine is about the same thing.
Here on Long Island we have both - they are essentially identical, although all of the cool kids seemto hang out at CSC :rolleyes: .

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Dairy Queen's been doing it for about 20 years. Just with crappier ice cream. :D
Um. I've been to at least two dozen Dairy Queens, and I have never seen one with a frozen marble slab that they mix in your toppings on.

Are you on drugs?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Um. I've been to at least two dozen Dairy Queens, and I have never seen one with a frozen marble slab that they mix in your toppings on.

Are you on drugs?
Yeah. Big difference between mixing with a spatula and a machine. :rolleyes: It's the same once it's in the cup.

Except the crappy ice cream part. :D

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
there is a place in teh U-district (UW..seattle)that mixes
i can't see paying that much for it but it was damn good, you could mix in anything you wanted at 50cents per.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. Big difference between mixing with a spatula and a machine. :rolleyes: It's the same once it's in the cup.

Except the crappy ice cream part. :D
But with the machine you miss out on the human factor. And mine was definitely made with L O V E. I could tell the way the guy behind the counter was blowing kisses my way.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The slices could have been bigger. It's like going to a brewery and only getting a shot of beer.

I like beer. I think the cafeteria needs to have free beer one day.