Quantcast

Karpiel Apocalypse drop out problem....HELP !!

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
today i was going down the stairs and spokes in rims "eat" my xtr and pull all from drop out and because drop out is intergrated in farem i cannot change it , i can not put any shifter or anything because stuff inside drop out is all destroyed all gone to fcking hell...

does anyone have e-mail of Jan Karpiel so i can ask him if nothing can be fixed i will change whole rear end...

ps. i can do on single speed because if chain is shorted , rear shocks dont work anymore i mean if i jump or chain or cassete will blow up...

ps. sorry for bad english...

PLEASE HELP i dont have any bike to ride,...

here is pictures...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
If it's just the derailure hanger and it stripped out you can get a fix for those, though I dunno how great they are, but it's like putting an insert in after drilling it out and you can use it again.

But in this case, you're using XTR. You should really try to depending on the rear hub to get a Saint Derailuer and go that route. I say depending on the hub as I know some hubs don't have a 10mm option but some companies make a 12mm stepped down to a 10mm to use a Saint rear derailuer. It's really the only fix for alot of people with busted hangers that are one piece. If my M1 ever wants to screw it it that's my only option short of spending $$$ to get a new rear end.

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
looks like it is part of the frame. you could take it to a welding shop and have them weld up the hole they drill it out and tap it with new threads

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
There is no getting in touch with Jan, he's out of business. If the hanger is straight get the dropout saver. And no using a 12mm axle, you can do a bolt-on 10mm though. I'm using a Chris King hub with Fun Bolts.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
There is no getting in touch with Jan, he's out of business. If the hanger is straight get the dropout saver. And no using a 12mm axle, you can do a bolt-on 10mm though. I'm using a Chris King hub with Fun Bolts.

I don't think Jan out of business yet. I talked/rode with a few people who worked for him and they said he was chillin in the bay area workin on his "new" designs and whatnot

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
captainpolution said:
I don't think Jan out of business yet. I talked/rode with a few people who worked for him and they said he was chillin in the bay area workin on his "new" designs and whatnot
He's doing other things right now.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
captainpolution said:
hmmmmmmmm

what happened to all the people that rode karpiels at northstar?

i see like 1 or 2 everytime i go up
They are still popular at N*, there are some parts available if you have the proper connections.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
They are still popular at N*, there are some parts available if you have the proper connections.

hella. that means i might know a few people like that then

but wtf do i care, i ride a bullit, lol

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Brian HCM#1 said:
I heard a story that Jan was getting ready to come back from Poland and start building again.
I heard it by the lift at N* yesterday, so it must be true, right?

:rolleyes:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
bushwacker said:
I heard a story that Jan was getting ready to come back from Poland and start building again.
I heard it by the lift at N* yesterday, so it must be true, right?

:rolleyes:

That was pretty funny...but don't forget, he's not coming back, He's going to build the bike IN Poland and ship them over.

Good riding with ya on Sunday.

other things like running from creditors and other people who use baseball bats if you stiff them for too much money.

Man, the guy is a fricken thief, and a lying sack of shiyat...and there's still people out there that think he's god's gift to making a dh frame.

And yes, I have personal experiences with him being a thief and a liar...so don't give me no lip. I'm get so iritated just by the mention of his name...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Internal14 said:
other things like running from creditors and other people who use baseball bats if you stiff them for too much money.

Man, the guy is a fricken thief, and a lying sack of shiyat...and there's still people out there that think he's god's gift to making a dh frame.

And yes, I have personal experiences with him being a thief and a liar...so don't give me no lip. I'm get so iritated just by the mention of his name...
janjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjanv

why's he gotta go and make such a good DH frame, bastard...