Quantcast

Karpiel link plates available soon! Army/disco/apoc

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Hey I have a problem, I want to install a Roco on my Disco Volante, but it dosn't fit in (the piggy back hits the swingarm just before the frame bottom outs, I'm scarce on money but if I make some costum longer plates would it be good? or would it affect the suspension design too much? thanks recomendations are more than welcome

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
karpi said:
Hey I have a problem, I want to install a Roco on my Disco Volante, but it dosn't fit in (the piggy back hits the swingarm just before the frame bottom outs, I'm scarce on money but if I make some costum longer plates would it be good? or would it affect the suspension design too much? thanks recomendations are more than welcome
What year Disco? What stroke shock?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
karpi said:
02-03 volante, I asked for a 215.5 eye to eye (8.5 with 2.5 stroke) so what do you guys recon?
That has the newest links then. A Roco won't fit. The best possible shock upgrade for any Karpiel is an Avalanche, the DHS will work perfect and I believe a Chubby will also work.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Brian HCM#1 said:
That has the newest links then. A Roco won't fit. The best possible shock upgrade for any Karpiel is an Avalanche, the DHS will work perfect and I believe a Chubby will also work.
yeap, the thing is I'm really short on money right now, and to find a 8.5 i2i dhs is really hard to find (who ever is selling theirs, pm me), well the other option I see, is a DHX air, would it fit?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
karpi said:
yeap, the thing is I'm really short on money right now, and to find a 8.5 i2i dhs is really hard to find (who ever is selling theirs, pm me), well the other option I see, is a DHX air, would it fit?
There is a 8.75 x 2.75 for sale here in the buy & sell forum for like $250 US. Just get that and have it re-sized. DHX won't fit either.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
karpi said:

no, dhx air very bad option for a number of reasons.

any dhs in 2,5 to 3" stroke will work you just need resizing it.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Since the Karps in general are very hard on shocks I would not recommend an air shock. I would recommend an Avy, but if $$ is an issue maybe just get a Fox rc in a reasonable condition.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
thats the thing, the fox rc I had, I blow it out like 7 times, the thing is just dead, no fixing it! dam, don't want to get another RC, I know my true option is the avi, o well will have to start saving then