Quantcast

Keating Five: McCain's Corruption

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
What is your reason for supporting McCain/Palin, N 8? And don't tell me that Barack sucks. Give me a good reason why the Republicans have the solution.
For me this election is about who will do the least amount of damage to the country more so than who has the 'solution' to fix problems. It's sadly obvious that neither obama/biden nor mccain/palen have the leadership it will take to pull the country together and get on with the actual meaningful reforms. Early on i sent a few bucks to Condi Rice hoping she would run, but she played it smart and didn’t.

My next choice was the Mormon Romney. Sure a lot of people have trouble with his choice of religion but i don’t. He has an business degree from BYU and those in the business world know that there is nothing better to run your finances than a BYU educated business grad. They tend to be honest, conservative and will tell you like it is without spin.

But it wasn’t to be since the media picked the liberal mccain for us.

Then they dumped the sure-to-win hillary and picked the far weaker obama.

now we have two 3rd rate candidates to pick from.. kinda like having to pick the New Orleans Saints or the Huston Texans to win the super bowl...

great. i suppose i have to vote so i had to look beyond the two retard frontmen. Biden? No thx.. Palin? Meh.. maybe...

An obama/biden presidency with a pelosi/reid congress? FAWK NO!

Mccain/palin presidency vs pelosi/reid?? Nauseating? Yes. Enough to make me vote for them? Not really.

Then it occurred to me that the next president will almost be certain to put at least 1 and possibly up to 3 justices on the Supreme Court.

I know exactly what a obama justice would be like and I’m not supporting that, no way-no how.

I don’t know exactly what an mccain justice would be exactly, but I believe there is at least a 50/50 chance it will be a good choice.

So mccain it is. Not loving it, but got no other choice.

if obama beats mccain, meh.. so be it. there will be another election in 4 years and we'll all be doing this again. in the meantime, i am going to counter balance the idiotic obamabots here on RM until it gets too boring to do so.

:) now?

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think Condi Rice and Romney took themselves out of the campaign early.

I don't know if Rice really wanted to run, either as Pres or VP. But she has one big question mark, her personal life (and I mean if she is a lesbian), to appeal to conservatives.

As for Romney, I wasn't paying much attention to the Repub primaries. I found this article which seemed to answer some questions: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/07/the_case_for_mitt_romney.html. But I think he also had issues in winning, like that stupid "dog on the roof" story. Unfortunately, personality does make a difference. Just ask Howard Dean.

Both would have been better choices for VP.

I think it is funny you think Hillary would have been a better choice for a candidate. I think she had severe problems running her campaign staff and finances, which makes me wonder what kind of President she would be.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think it is funny you think Hillary would have been a better choice for a candidate. I think she had severe problems running her campaign staff and finances, which makes me wonder what kind of President she would be.
she would be leading mccain 66% to 33% at this point.

both mccain and obama are weaker and that shows in polls where they are basically tied. it has to be very frustrating to obamabots that their supreme leader cant even manage to get a sustained 10 pt lead over mccain.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For me this election is about who will do the least amount of damage to the country more so than who has the 'solution' to fix problems.
I think it's funny that the last 2 elections you voted for the guy that dug this hole in the first place.

Even my wife figured out what a bad choice it was after the first one.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
You want to tip the supreme court in the "conservative" direction...I get it. How will that benefit the country as a whole?

Yes, the people on it are smart as hell. The person(s) to be appointed will be smart (thank you better vetting process than VP). That's what I want. People smarter than me making the hard decisions...

But what effect do you perceive a McCain appointed justice(s) will have on the country?

Do you think he (or Palin, if the cheese fry goes down the wrong way...) will make a standard "conservative" move?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i see little incentive to post much more than i do given the ideologically deranged audience here.

You can't possibly sink below pointless, which is exactly where you are now.

You would have been surprised at how willing people here were to discuss things brought up by a strange and suspiciously timely onslaught of right winger nutjobs in your absence.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
He want's justices that will overturn Roe v. Wade because we will be a better more moral god fearing country. Right?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think it's funny that the last 2 elections you voted for the guy that dug this hole in the first place.

Even my wife figured out what a bad choice it was after the first one.
i maintain we are better off than we would have been with either algore or kerry at teh helm.

You want to tip the supreme court in the "conservative" direction...I get it. How will that benefit the country as a whole?

Yes, the people on it are smart as hell. The person(s) to be appointed will be smart (thank you better vetting process than VP). That's what I want. People smarter than me making the hard decisions...

But what effect do you perceive a McCain appointed justice(s) will have on the country?

Do you think he (or Palin, if the cheese fry goes down the wrong way...) will make a standard "conservative" move?
i dont think mccain will move to the conservative side because he doesnt have to. mccain hopefully will select justices that are not too left of center as would be certian with obama.

You can't possibly sink below pointless, which is exactly where you are now.

You would have been surprised at how willing people here were to discuss things brought up by a strange and suspiciously timely onslaught of right winger nutjobs in your absence.
thats because an all obama lovefest gets boring quick..

and you are all so easy to fvk with.. :p

if i skipped anyone, sorry, i havent bothered to revise meh ignore list yet.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Thank you

edit: in addition, I am very very glad that McCain lacked the judgement to bring Romney onto the ticket. It wouldn't be enough to tip me to their ticket, and I'm fairly certain the race would be neck and neck right now if he had.

Last edited:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
i maintain we are better off than we would have been with either algore or kerry at teh helm.
We'll never know....

N8:3070731 said:
i dont think mccain will move to the conservative side because he doesnt have to. mccain hopefully will select justices that are not too left of center as would be certian with obama.
So pandering is O.K. if it's just to get elected...after that all bets are off??

???

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
ps: the vast majority of the US has very little in common with San Fran if that is your point of reference.
As opposed to Shreveport?

My point of reference starts at the end of my nose.

About Hillary's popularity, simply put: she couldn't win the Democratic nomination.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
About Hillary's popularity, simply put: she couldn't win the Democratic nomination.
because the media didnt want her to.

i think it was very obvious... just like it is today with the media backing obama. hell, they arent even attempting to hide it.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
because the media didnt want her to.

i think it was very obvious... just like it is today with the media backing obama. hell, they arent even attempting to hide it.
Not that I would blame them if that were true, but tinfoil hat much? You must have really got a boner for Palin's self-contradictory request for a forum with voters unfiltered by the media at the tail end of 90 minutes of time that was live and unfiltered by the media.