Quantcast

Kenter Whoops, Santa Monica to get bulldozed?

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Well, hopefully not...EVER! But if people keep riding without caution, somebody's going to get hurt & the jumps will get plowed. But there have been a few close calls up there lately that could have resulted in some pretty disasterous injuries. Downhill speed-demons (like myself) - please yell out a "heads up" if you see other riders climbing or stopped on the trail in front of you as you do your training rides down (especially by the canyon jump). Dirt Jumpers - you guys look cool & inspiring, but please remember that somebody can always be behind you by the canyon run. Please make room for other riders when you gather around the jumps by the canyon. And please, watch the braking-endos in front of the doubles' landing. It looks killerl, but you may end up with some Easton bars up your ass. Getty owns that property and I doubt they are in the $-losing business. One bad injury or frivolous lawsuit and all of Curtis' hardwork in the blazing sun goes to waste. There is nothing else like Kenter in Socal, so let's keep it flowing. I'll step off my applebox now. Enjoy the trails!

Nicolai-USA

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
Long Beach, CA
Originally posted by downhillzeypher
That's retarded that some idiot rider rides, crashes and then sues because they suck at riding.
yeah, welcome to the party; its called the new American legal system - no one is responsible for his/her own actions; need big government to play mom and dad instead...

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
In most cases it's not the hurt "idiot" that sues, it's his/her insurance company trying to recoop its losses. All the injured has to do is say is one wrong thing about the injury (where it happened, how it happened, etc) to a doctor / cop / ambulance driver and it's all over.

Really the only way to head off a lawsuit is to say you were just riding along on a PUBLIC road and lost your balance and wrecked. If the paramedics have to pick you up, your buddies better have dragged you onto a public road first. Which isn't likely to happen in a serious injury, when you're hurt bad you and your buddies don't give a damn about anything much else.

I severed my ACL last fall, and I've had to sign several forms to the insurance company stating that the incident didn't happen on private property, that someone else wasn't involved, etc. You better "know" exactly what road it happened on and how, and your buddies better have the same story. Have a serious talk with your buddies ahead of time, so everyone knows the drill if anything goes bad.