Quantcast

Kid size road bikes

Boomer-61

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Atlanta, GA
What companies offer road bikes for very small people? My daughter is interested in riding and stands about four and a half feet tall. The smallest frames I've seen are in the mid 40 cm range. Her stand over is about three feet. I looked at Trek, Specialized and Salsa. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money for the obvous reason of out growing the bike in 6 to 9 months. Any suggestions?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Boomer-61 said:
What companies offer road bikes for very small people? My daughter is interested in riding and stands about four and a half feet tall. The smallest frames I've seen are in the mid 40 cm range. Her stand over is about three feet. I looked at Trek, Specialized and Salsa. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money for the obvous reason of out growing the bike in 6 to 9 months. Any suggestions?
I don't know how much this helps, but Redline makes the Conquest - their cross bike - in a 24 inch wheel config. The claim is that it fits 4'8" to 5'4"
Put some skinny tires on there & it's a road bike with good brakes.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Boomer-61 said:
How about this? My friends son rides one. Really nice bike.

http://www.feltracing.com/2005_bikes/bikes_pics/2005_f24.jpg

http://www.feltracing.com/2005_bikes/2005_f24.html

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
That Felt looks nice.

Trek does make a kid's road bike, not sure how it rides but I'm told it is decent. The Felt looks much nicer though.

The Ito

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
ito said:
That Felt looks nice.

Trek does make a kid's road bike, not sure how it rides but I'm told it is decent. The Felt looks much nicer though.

The Ito

Yeah, the Felt's give you quite a lot for your $$$$$.

mtnbikej