Quantcast

kinda sorta messed up my profiles

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
After messing up a feeble i landed not on the sproket but right on the crank...this bent in the area around the 14mm bolt on the drive side. IT is bent enough that I can't get a socket in there to tighten or loosen the bolt. What can I do? I've tried getting a screw driver in there to try and pry out the section of steel but its too hard and bends my screw driver. My last option would be to dremel the section of steel off but was wondering if anyone had dealt with this before.

On a side not does anyone know who makes the longest XXL stem...and what its center to center is? Thanks.

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't have profiles myself but know exactly what you speak of after seeing friends profiles do the same. I would probably try using a hammer and punch and pound it back out. If that doesn't work, I don't see any harm in cutting/grinding the bent part off as long as you don't go into the weld. Dunno if it will mess with the warranty. Heck, maybe you can warranty them, profile is pretty good that way

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Thanks a lot guys...Sanjay..wow...I'm having soooo much fun with this bike....My rear delts never hurt so much but then again I've never done 50+ bunny hops in a row to try and stick a grind.

And the flush mount bolts youre talking about...they're the weird standard size allen key ones right?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by Metal

You will quickly become a stronger and better rider from spending time on the BMX bike.

The Flush mount bolts are an american size, but a 5.5mm will work. No mtb tool will have one on it, so you will have to buy one, but they don't get loose to often, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Paul, are you going to b heading up to Big Bear anytime soon. I completely took the DHR apart, so I haven't been using the cranks and guide.
I'm not planning on BB for a while until I can get a new bike. What are you using for cranks?

By the way can you get those bolts at a hardware store...Dan's sells those things for lik 15 bucks for a pair of damn bolts. Hell our bike shop cost is lik 10-12 bucks