Quantcast

Kingdom and Sunday River 9-22/23

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Went to the Kingdom last saturday and then to Sunday river the following day. The kingdom was unreal as usual, stuck to the Burke Mtn side and rode enchanted forest (so fun) and a new trail called J-bar which is super flowy and fast. I am astounded at the riding and scenery every time I head up there, really amazing. Onto Bethel, ME that night and stayed at the Chapman Inn, they have dorm style bunks there for 35 bucks which includes a big breakfast. I hightly recomend it if your looking for a quick place to crash. Went up the next day and the mountain was DRY , sunny and so fun. I hadn't ridden there since 02 and the trails are better than ever. I can't wait to see what they offer in the years to come, huge amount of vert and IMO true DH riding. They have everything from open slope to steep chutes, to flowy jumps and gaps. One of the best days of DH this year. Hell Yeah Mofo's!!! A also began playing with my wireless flash set-up; Not bad (top of crater trail)

Next two are me hitting the best section on the mountain that had obviously had some work done.