Quantcast

Kudos to Briko

FreeHueco

Chimp
Nov 9, 2003
Bay Area
Thank you Briko for making a killer helmet that works.

I was hit by a pickup truck this morning while riding to work. I fell butt-first (landing on my messenger bag) and slid on my back for a few yards. My helmet was nearly cracked in half, but I walked off to the side of the road. I'm still sore, but thanks to my Twinner, I'm alive. :thumb:

So I may need to get a new helmet (or just use my other helmet on the road). I'd post some pics, but my digital camera stopped working (I guess the jolt of the crash knocked it out).

Wear the helmet!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wow - glad you're ok and good thing the helmet did it's job. By all means, YES, get a new helmet...that one is shot if it's cracked.

FreeHueco

Chimp
Nov 9, 2003
Bay Area
There was no doubt about replacing the helmet. I got a Bell Ghisalo to replace it. I also replaced most of the other stuff that was damaged. There was also damage to other parts of my bike that I did not immediately notice. I am compiling a list of everything, along with the replacement values for his insurance company.

They will be getting off easy though, since they won't have to pay for pain and suffering. I don't think that it's right to milk every last drop of money out of the guy. I will be going to visit the doctor to check for any non-visible damages. I can tell that there is no serious damage to my upper body, since I was doing pull-ups in the gym this evening. The only thing that I'm worried about right now is my butt. It's hard to tell if the pain and swelling is only superficial or if something else is going on.

And I'm pretty sure that the soreness in my right leg will go away once the road rash has healed.

There was also no damage to my bike that were not superficial. But I will be seeking replacement for the new parts that were damaged. I'm not sure that I should seek replacement costs for pedals and a messenger bag that were scratched, but they were very well-worn before the accident.