Quantcast

Kula 2-9

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
I haven't received any 29'r ust rims yet.

Laced the TN 719 disc rims to Ringle' XC hubs 32 hole and 3 cross with DT Revolution spokes and alloy nipples. The hubs are very affordable and durable. Besides they spin so freely right out of the box.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
I ran a Ringle Abbah out back (the DH hub with a stepdown thru axle)

Mechanically the Ringle stuff is beautiful. My Abbah was VERY loud. I dug it, but folks I rode with thought it was a bit obnoxious (made friends Kings and Haldeys sound silent).

Yeah my C29ssmax's have tubes in them as of now, but will be tubeless tonight (Rampage's with a lil dope).

Good luck, sounds like a great setup!
RJ

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
The Ringle' rear hub is a little on the loud side. When I get my new full squish I'll be looking at the Hope Pro III ( LOUDER ) and some of the offerings from DT.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I don't have an answer for the seat tube angle, but to make up for it, here is some eye candy from a ride I took a few days ago.
I think the numbers on the Kona web site and catalog are wrong. I suspect a 73 or 73.5 degree seat tube angle on those Konas.

Great photo by the way!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
My 07 18" Kula 2-9 seat tube angle is right at 73 degrees. If I get the time later today I'll try and find the angle on the 08 that Snacks is riding.

BTW I think Snacks may become a full blown convert also.:shocked: