Quantcast

Laissez les bon temps roulette

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Its a damn good time unless you live on St. Chuck. We did out first year there, we didn't sleep for two weeks. Moved right after the 'Graw to over by Tulane.

Make sure to hit the Bulldog and the Boot while you're there.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
we scored a nice place over-looking Lee Circle on St Charles

:)
That's funny. That used to be a huge dive until about 2002, but even those places charged double during Mardi Gras...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Did Mardi Gras when I was 27... had a blast and checked it off my list.

I would never go again, even if you paid me...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Its a damn good time unless you live on St. Chuck. We did out first year there, we didn't sleep for two weeks. Moved right after the 'Graw to over by Tulane.

Make sure to hit the Bulldog and the Boot while you're there.
Oy Vey! Fraternity Row? While the eye candy quota is extremely high at Tulane, I would go to Snake N Jakes (or known as the Christmas bar) for much more interesting time.

Better yet, cross over Carrolton and head to the Maple Leaf...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I like the Boot for sentimental reasons. I lived over on Willow, so it was my end of the night, stumble home bar. And it is high in very liberal ass, which is part of any good monkey Gras story.

Never been a Maple fan, just not my scene. I guess I could suggest the Bridge Lounge, but I am not sure if its still there, and as we always said while living there, the Bridge Lounge would be what the whole hip world would look like if the Nazis would have won the war.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like the Boot for sentimental reasons. I lived over on Willow, so it was my end of the night, stumble home bar. And it is high in very liberal ass, which is part of any good monkey Gras story.

Never been a Maple fan, just not my scene. I guess I could suggest the Bridge Lounge, but I am not sure if its still there, and as we always said while living there, the Bridge Lounge would be what the whole hip world would look like if the Nazis would have won the war.
I should point out that I have been to the Boot many times (actually almost every notable bar in New Orleans I have visited, pre Katrina). I saw a lot of football and hockey games there.

I went there once around 10pm, and I could not believe how much ass was there, but I was about 28 at the time and I felt like a pedophile with all the underage drinkers...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I should point out that I have been to the Boot many times (actually almost every notable bar in New Orleans I have visited, pre Katrina). I saw a lot of football and hockey games there.

I went there once around 10pm, and I could not believe how much ass was there, but I was about 28 at the time and I felt like a pedophile with all the underage drinkers...
Its NOLA! Its like its almost expected for you to date someone 20 years your younger, so a mere 7 or 10 years there is not a big deal.