Quantcast

Landmark Real Estate????

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
GRRRRR... ok this is getting old, we were hoping to be outa the midwest already! And we are dealing with Landmark Real Estate. Well I'm approved for the apt. and I'm just waiting on them to approve my girlfriend. Well her first co-signer didn't have good enough credit, so we had to do another one... he faxed it over friday morning and now today they say they hadn't gotten it. And the kicker is they now only have one apt. left!!!!!! So we have to fax it over again and play this stupid game.

The real aggrivation is that they (barkly trails apt. complex) originally told us no problem with the dog, no restrictions on them at all.. no weight limit.. no nothing. Then we call to make sure all is good and they then tell use the there is a 30lb limit on animals... WTF. So we call Landmark and they tell us the dog is fine... GRRRR.

So anyways, there is just one little thing that we need cleared up and we'll be living in the PNW in two weeks from then! And if I get there soon enough, I hope I get a job I'm working on right now. But if I don't get out there soon then deffinately no job right when I get there... at least this way it's a possibillity.

Man we just want to be out there already!

So anyone else delt with these people? Or have any similar situations?

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
Oh man... Landmark runs the apartments that Pluto and I live in. They have been fairly good to us, but we don't ever have to talk to them accept for when we come in and pay our rent.

My girlfriend and her roomies got an apartment here for next year, but dealing with Landmark was a pain in the ass! They gave them the run-around, wouldn't even let them see a property until they submitted an application, where VERY rude both in person and on the phone, and neglected to tell them things, then got upset when they didn't know.

I'm not surpised with your experience. If you ever go into their office there is only one secretary and she is always slammed with phones and people. They recently got another women to work out there with her so you'd think they would be a little more accomodating and polite with their customers.

All that said, good luck though! The Barkley Trails apartments are pretty nice. Once you get through the initial app. process I'm sure everything will be fine.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Oh man I think Honeywell has summed it all up, Landmark is a JOKE, unfortunately they took over our complex, Madrona Bay LLC (Joel specifically) was great, the owner of this complex is a bit of a jerk but whatever.

When we signed our lease we were told one thing and then Landmark takes over and tells us something else. Honeywell and I both signed a lease extension that doesn't outline any of the things the new lease does (ie fees for smoke detectors that dont function, animals, bikes on the deck, etc) yet I can see them trying to fine us for stuff that wasn't in our lease. They are a joke of a company, bottom line, and unfortunately they manage damn near all of the apartment complexes in Bham.

Good luck with it man.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
mplutodh1 said:
Oh man I think Honeywell has summed it all up, Landmark is a JOKE, unfortunately they took over our complex, Madrona Bay LLC (Joel specifically) was great, the owner of this complex is a bit of a jerk but whatever.

When we signed our lease we were told one thing and then Landmark takes over and tells us something else. Honeywell and I both signed a lease extension that doesn't outline any of the things the new lease does (ie fees for smoke detectors that dont function, animals, bikes on the deck, etc) yet I can see them trying to fine us for stuff that wasn't in our lease. They are a joke of a company, bottom line, and unfortunately they manage damn near all of the apartment complexes in Bham.

Good luck with it man.
You have to pay a fee if your bike is on the deck? Crazy.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Snacks said:
You have to pay a fee if your bike is on the deck? Crazy.

They aren't allowed on the deck in the first place, or so we have been told by individuals who signed the "new" lease. And there is a fee schedule for violations of that type. Not a huge deal seeing as our decks arent covered, our bikes stay inside anyways. Just stupid rules.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I have no clue about them but I do see their signs all over the place. There are a lot of houses/condos for rent around here right now, but probably a bit too high priced for you. Just get over here! I know you wanna see my woods, and I love meeting new people to ride with! :monkey:

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Well it looks like if we keep up on everything and make sure we have it all in writing we should be ok. Honestly Landmark themselves hasn't been to hard to deal with... it's mainly been Barkley Trails apt. complex... and the communication between landmark and barkley. The one lady was a complete BEEEAtch to my girlfriend on the phone, well yesterday we found out she got canned. LOL

Hopefully today we will get this "lost application" thing figured out and be on our way in two weeks! Thanks for all the input guys! I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Oh and if anyone knows of any other appartments in the area that allow up to 50lbs dogs please let me know. When we were out there a few months ago Barkley was the only one that allowed that size dog. And they were super cool to use onsite, so lord only knows what happend between then and now. Plus they were super clean... so fingres are crossed!

It'll work out I'm sure... just have to deal with a few issues along the way.

One more question.. anyone know of any outdoor storage places? I might get a trailer for the move and road trips and was wondering if you all new of any cheap outdoor storage places I could keep it...

again thanks all!!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Landmark sucks.....but just be happy your not dealing with Protocal
The fine staff of Protocal is by far the most worthless group i have ever delt with they SUCK.