Quantcast

Lapierre E:I...any actual RM reviews?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i outgrew gadgets in my suspension years ago, but i have to admit i've been intrigued by this since i saw it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It's up to you whether you like gadgets or not, but the i:e system works pretty well. I've spent a few days on different bikes in the Zesty and Spicy range and they are flawless.

Bikes sound like a damn camera shutter as you are riding though, no bother, but it's there.

I love them.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
I"ve tryed it, as my friend own a bike shop who sell them.
it work good, but.... if you pedal, it lock the rear suspension. so it's like a hard tail when you pedal on rocks\roots\ whatever...
good for pedaling up hill. (on fire roads)
bad for pedaling on rough terrain

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Wrong. The shock is open in default mode. If you aren't pedalling, the shock is open. As soon as you start pedalling, it will start to lock up, but with feedback from the fork sensor telling it whether there are bumps or not.

No pedalling = open shock
Pedalling + no bumps = locked out
Pedalling + bumps = medium

Kinda like an automatic Climb/Trail/Descend

It worked well on the bikes I tested. And by tested, I mean spending a day on each bike in the Portes du Soleil trails. From DH to long epic trail rides. They all worked flawlessly.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
It reacts in 1/10th of a second. Enough time according to Lapierre from when the accelerometer detects the front wheel deflection to when the rear wheel hits the same bump.
I don't feel like doing the math to prove my point but from racing I can tell you that 1/10 of a second is longer than a bike length at speed. So when riding this bike you'll find a speed that overwhelms the computer's ability to adjust the rear suspension before it hits the bump that alerted the fork mounted accelerometer. This would be an issue if you're pedaling in the top couple gears on a mostly smooth trail with occasional hits. So when you stop pedaling does it open the suspension 1/10 second later?

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
If you are transitioning within 1/10th of a second from climbing on a smooth trail to hitting a big bump at speeds faster than 40km/h , then you are climbing way faster than me.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Not climbing and jumping, pedaling hard on a mostly smooth flatish downhill and hitting the occasional rock or root. Just sayin the rear end is still gonna be firm unless you let off the pedals before your front wheel hits the bump. What's 40kph, upper 20s? Yeah, fast race pace pedaling.