Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Last Chance for Glory
Eastern States Cup Series Finals
At
Plattekill Bike Park

Roxbury, NY:
Plattekill Bike Park presents the Eastern States Cup Downhill MTB Race Series Finals. The event will be held Saturday and Sunday October 29th–30th, 2011. The ESC started the season back in May at Mount Snow, VT and after 10 races at 6 great Northeastern Ski resorts the series returns to it roots at Plattekill. This is the last downhill race in the east in 2011. It really is the racers, “Last Chance for Glory ! “.Since this is a double points event all divisions are up for grabs. You must race the finals and have an annual USA Cycling license to podium in the ESC Championship Series. Please come this weekend compete, have fun riding and join all your ESC friends for one last event in 2011.

The ESC is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series, so expect to see the top racers from the East Coast. The race will feature close racing on a classic Plattekill track. The ESC series has visited, Plattekill, Mount Snow, Attitash, Killington, Pat’s Peak and Whiteface Mountains in 2011 and featured the NY, VT and NH USA Cycling State Championships.

Up to $1200 is up for grabs at this race. Additionally The Eastern States Cup will award over $3000 to the ESC Final Series Champions. The ESC will contribute $1000 for the NEMA Team Challenge to be split among the top three eastern teams. The ESC is rewarding the best young guns in the east with $600 for the top three Men’s Cat 1 Junior Division. Not to be forgotten is the $1600 to be divided up by the top three Men and Women Pro racers. The top 3 in all divisions will win custom ESC USA Cycling Eastern Regional Championship medals, plaques and lift tickets for Plattekill and Attitash Mountains. Ray’s Indoor Mountain Bike Park in Cleveland has donated a bunch of passes for a special competition. Then all racers that competed in all 11 ESC races will win a 2012 Season Pass courtesy of Plattekill Bike Park. That’s all in addition to regular ESC Race cash awards and prizes.

Plattekill Mountain is a pioneer in Downhill MTB Racing in the USA. The Mountain has hosted national and international racers for over 15 years. Plattekill is famous for the steep chutes, challenging tracks, beginner friendly trails and that special Plattekill trademark, shale surfing. Come ride the mountain and you’ll soon discover and love shale surfing just like the locals. The trail system may be the most expansive in the country, there are more “hidden” trails than you could ride in a summer and the system is being expanded constantly

Top 5 NEMA Team Challenge Leaders:
Team Highland 556 points
Wachusett Brewery 500 points
Northeast Collaborative 431 points
Drummer Racing 388 points
Northeast Alliance 385 points

Top 5 Men Pro
Phil Kmetz
Chris Higgerson
Leif Lorenzen
Chris Mari
Jason Scheiding

Top 5 Women Pro
Kate Parhiala
Taylor Allison
Susan delPino
Becky Gardner
Becky Bagley

Race Entry
Pro Men & Women $ 75.00
Categories 1,2 & 3 $ 65.00
Includes Lift Tickets for Both Saturday and Sunday.
$1200.00 Maximum Pro Purse

Schedule:
Saturday 9-5
Sunday 8-5 – Race 11
plattekill.com
easternstatescup.com

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
oh man i remember hitting that drop in the snow.. hoping i first wasnt going to slip on ice on the boards and then on the landing in the mud... soo is it that course?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i remember that weekend. fvckin' freezing. my pedals kept icing up too. conditions were ridiculous. ~2" of snow on top of ~2" of wet leaves on top of mud.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
bummer
BIKE RACES THIS WEEKEND ARE CANCELLED. Latest weather models as of 4:15pm show a winter storm has just tracked our way and we are targeted to get slammed with 10-15" of snow Sat 2pm thru Sun 8am. Races have been postponed to next weekend, Nov 5-6. Good ol Mother Nature up to her tricks...hope you can make it next weekend!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Eastern States Cup Series Finals at Plattekill are POSTPONED – PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE !!
Race will be held Nov 5-6, 2011. Unfortunately the forecast took a dramatic turn for the worst at 4pm today a winter storm WARNING was changed from a watch and the forecasted snow is now 12” in the higher elevations. The chance of this storm is now 100% and snow is expected from early Saturday until early Sunday morning. We thought long and hard regarding this decision. We have a can do attitude at Plattekill and the ESC but ultimately racers and travelers safety must come first. We are truly sorry for all the inconveniences this decision will make.

If you are in the area the lifts WILL be spinning for skiers and bikers and we’ll try to “hook” you up.

Regrets
George Ulmer

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Below is the Forecast and the reason why it was decided to postpone the ESC Race. I am really sorry for everyone that is inconvienced. The Storm Warning was announced around 3pm.The two main reasons why it was decided are:
1. TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE
2. HEAVY WET SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS WILL LIKELY CAUSE DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWER LINES... RESULTING IN POWER OUTAGES.

WINTER STORM WARNING ...REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM SATU...RDAY TO 2 AM EDT SUNDAY...

* LOCATIONS... THE WESTERN CATSKILLS OF NEW YORK AND FOR NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA

* HAZARDS... HEAVY SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW... WITH UP TO 12 INCHES IN THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OF THE CATSKILLS AND POCONOS. THE DEEPER VALLEYS... INCLUDING THE SCRANTON AND WILKES-BARRE METRO AREAS... WILL SEE 3 TO 5 INCHES

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING... GENERALLY BETWEEN 6 AND 9 AM. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF EARLY SATURDAY EVENING... GENERALLY BETWEEN 6 AND 9 PM.

* TEMPERATURES... IN THE LOWER 30S.

* WINDS... NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH... WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* IMPACTS... HEAVY WET SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS WILL LIKELY CAUSE DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWER LINES... RESULTING IN POWER OUTAGES. ALSO... DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY... ESPECIALLY OVER THE HILL AND MOUNTAIN TOPS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I am sure there will be alot of photos and videos that come out of the woodwork, that place was packed with cameras

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
fun weekend for sure! Weather cooperated and it was a fun steep slick track. Camping as usual was great in spite of the cold. A bit dissappointed I somehow got kicked off line and started going into a tree and off trail within sight of the finish line and having Demo9 edge me out by about a second and push me into 3rd. happy he has learned to ride and enjoy place other than Diablo though. haha:thumb:

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
great course once the leaves disappeared. Need more of that old school holy **** im gonna die mixed in with fast flow that Plattekill has shown in the past few years.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
fun weekend for sure! Weather cooperated and it was a fun steep slick track. Camping as usual was great in spite of the cold. A bit dissappointed I somehow got kicked off line and started going into a tree and off trail within sight of the finish line and having Demo9 edge me out by about a second and push me into 3rd. happy he has learned to ride and enjoy place other than Diablo though. haha:thumb:
eat more burgers rookie

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
you eat burgers I eat Filet Mignon. but Dude that was hilarious you put Fat Line Racing as your sponsor. You really let yourself go. You need to start banging out some XC miles on the Trance X. You are lucky that course had zero pedaling! :D