Quantcast

*/\*/\* Le Friderp */\*/\*

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello from the end of Friday. My train along the northwestern coast was rained out—flooding on the tracks. Awaiting Japan Rail to get me into a taxi to my destination.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
promised land 2% dark chocolate milk did wonders for the morning bowel movement...looked like a train derailed in the shitter....

uncle acid at the stanley tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Forgot to set my alarm properly. I woke up at 03:55, first transport was at 04:20 I got there at 04:25. It's now 0552 and I am just now having my first sip of espresso. Twas absolutely brutal trying to function that first hour without my black water.

I have a bad feeling about how the rest of my day is going to progress :banghead:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Le painting is le done. Now it's time to clean up, put everything back, and hang up the pictures that have been sitting in the corner of both bedrooms for ages. But first, we get to go to Wifey's condo building to clear out a unit for her boss.

Her boss is the GP and will be renting the remaining units out, but all of the extra marketing materials are being stored in one of them. She needs to relocate all that shit on short notice, so that is what we are doing today. Apparently we are getting a bunch of brand new, really nice Restoration Hardware furniture that has nowhere else to go, so that's a win. But it also means that it's going to be tough to get Haley out this week/weekend. We shall see.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my younger brother the luddite has no news channels in his tv set up.

i am going to subscribe to his news letter.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
my younger brother the luddite has no news channels in his tv set up.

i am going to subscribe to his news letter.
I'm not even sure our OTA stuff works any more - our antenna fell down some time early this summer and I haven't bothered dealing with it...
I'm about to cut the cable and if I could find a streaming package with the channels I want and no Faux News I'd be very happy to not be subsidizing them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i wish i could drink with enthusiasm water like they way i drink grape juice/orange juice....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm about to cut the cable and if I could find a streaming package with the channels I want and no Faux News I'd be very happy to not be subsidizing them.

hey @AngryMetalsmith i finally found a use for my hiking sticks that you can't argue against.
Opportunity, Kranky-Pants:

:nerd:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Opportunity, Kranky-Pants:

:nerd:
Wasn’t Gandalf’s staff a dead sapling or some sort of wood root and not metal ?

Oh, BTW, their choice of ring props was an abomination. Spent millions on special effects and $200 at Walmart on the ring. Lame.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wasn’t Gandalf’s staff a dead sapling or some sort of wood root and not metal ?

Oh, BTW, their choice of ring props was an abomination. Spent millions on special effects and $200 at Walmart on the ring. Lame.
i got super excited about this one BECAUSE IT COMES WITH THE PIPE until i realized its not a functional pipe

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Friday Monkeys.

I get to go to Pendleton for training, yay. It's actually VFW training, not work related and I'm excited because I'm supposed to learn how to do the job I've been faking for 3 months now. The guy I took over for has been zero help, so a lot of stuff hasn't been getting done. I get to learn what all that is! :panic:

Crashing at the Motel 6 tonight, good times.