Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
to be fair, it's on a harbor not a beach. and i think you'd have the only brodozer in town!
My in laws have a place in Wells that I'm "forced" to go to most every weekend through the summer, and fuck that shit. I hate beaches to begin with, let alone crowded ones and shitloads of traffic that goes with it. Put me in the middle of the mountains/lakes please. #firstworldproblems
my little dude is out of pre-k in like 6 months. Then we'll still have after-school care, but I'll take $650 over $1700 any day.
Our current daycare bills are about $3,400/mo for the 2 of them. Fuck that, also.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my little dude is out of pre-k in like 6 months. Then we'll still have after-school care, but I'll take $650 over $1700 any day.
Since you're already making those payments, if your retirement stuff is sorted, open a 529 plan for him and put it there. It's not part of your lifestyle budget, so keep it out. If your retirement isn't sorted, put it into your retirement. See above for reasoning.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
wut......duh....phuck, man...... That is insane
I don't cradle The Man's balls because I enjoy it.

That's why it will be nice when older kid goes to kindergarten in the fall....and even better when his brother does. Though a large portion of what we'll be saving will then go into their 529s/retirement as @stoney brought up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'll take the slight risk of getting eaten by a bear, mountain lion or rattle snake for no longer having to cover myself in insect repellant every time I want to head out and ride.

Here I just have to cover myself in factor 70 sunblock :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'll take the slight risk of getting eaten by a bear, mountain lion or rattle snake for no longer having to cover myself in insect repellant every time I want to head out and ride.

Here I just have to cover myself in factor 70 sunblock :D
after a few hundreds bites you can barely feel them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have a india call center looking for someone i do not know to delivrr a package....this has been going on since last night....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Buy a house they said...

Water isn't flowing down the downspout properly, yesterday it was overflowing slightly (guessing maybe frozen underground).
Water is seeping through the garage wall somehow.

20220301_092600.jpg

20220228_172634.jpg

Do I call the insurance first and get an assessors opinion?
Or do I just go straight into trying to find a contractor who will actually come out and look?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I love the ocean though.

I have thought about Oregon.....
I've come to the conclusion that I like the idea of the ocean. The smell, the food, the culture. Its got a romantic notion to it.

But I'm perfectly happy not swimming in it or boating. Sitting in traffic, praying to find a space that i have the privilege of paying $60 to park, lugging all our shit 1/2 mile, then slogging through 1,000 degree sand to sit on a beach baking with the rest of the state doesn't sound fun to me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've come to the conclusion that I like the idea of the ocean. The smell, the food, the culture. Its got a romantic notion to it.

But I'm perfectly happy not swimming in it or boating. Sitting in traffic, praying to find a space that i have the privilege of paying $60 to park, lugging all our shit 1/2 mile, then slogging through 1,000 degree sand to sit on a beach baking with the rest of the state doesn't sound fun to me.
I, too, like the idea of the ocean. But most actual ocean shit falls flat for me. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

kind sounds like the hassle of skiing

except that skiing is awesome once past the hassle and sitting on a beach isn't

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Sitting on the beach is, quite arguably, the most boring, waste of time I can think of. All the other logistical issues aren't an issue I guess since their house is on the beach.....but the main gripe stands.

Driving boats on the ocean, and being on tugboats back when I was able to, was fucking great on the other hand.