Quantcast

Leatt body armour

RUFNUT

Chimp
Jul 19, 2009
Ozz
Looking at getting the leatt body armour lite chest back protector. Anyone used one or any of the other leatt body armour suits etc. Did it fit well and work well with a leatt neck brace. Is the sizing chart on the leatt site correct. Thanks for any info.

RUFNUT

Chimp
Jul 19, 2009
Ozz
Thanks for that it looks very good the TLD only thing putting me off it is the back protection does not look very strong and my main aim was the back protection.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^ That's the problem with most MX chest protectors - - they're not really engineered for spine protection like a race suit. I wore a SixSixOne Prodigy all last season because of its Leatt compatibility but felt a bit vulnerable. I was even toying with the idea of vacuum-forming a Lexan lower section to extend the back (never got around to it).

Alpinestars makes the A-10 hard-shell that's Leatt-compatible AND has spine protection:

http://www.alpinestars.com/shop/categories/moto/protection/a-10-mx-chest-protector/

Back panel:

2010_Alpinestars_A10_Chest_Protector_Back.jpg

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I have the leatte roost guard shoulder bad combo. Rode it about half of last season, and have been more than satisfied. plenty of mobility, protection has done me all and I don't really notice it much. That being said, I'm trying to find a store with some shock doctor stuff around here for me to try on, I'm thinking about an upgrade

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I don't have a photo on hand, but the 5900 and other models do cover most of the spine.
Those big ole spinal channel coverage molds, are generally not comfortable. I would also venture to guess many spinal injuries were not caused by an impact to an uncovered area, flat to the spine (usually a top compression impact). Just try the 5900 or 5955 on.