Quantcast

LG1+ question

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Crack in my LG-1+ bottom guard last night. It was a 36-40 size.Is it possible move my 32-36 size bottom guard over without worry about size issues? Im just wondering if the bottom guards are the same size for both pieces.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
If you are running a 36T ring on your 36-40T LG1+, then you would be ok fitting the smaller DirectMount bash. It will physically fit up, just be very careful to only snug the taco bolts when reinstalling, overtorquing can quickly lead to more broken pieces.

Cheers,
philip

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
With the older 08 style Taco bash, you could get away with a 37T ring on a 36T taco, but we specifically designed the new DirectMount bashes around ring sizes.

You will need a 40T DMB if you want to run the 38T. The sizes between the two are quite different.

Cheers,
philip

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Hey Phil. I have a Cove Shocker and am looking to upgrade my current srs (08) to the LG1+. I can't remember which ISCG I am to go with though. I think I have the 05 with the adapter plate at the moment. Any advice?

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
Hey Phil. I have a Cove Shocker and am looking to upgrade my current srs (08) to the LG1+. I can't remember which ISCG I am to go with though. I think I have the 05 with the adapter plate at the moment. Any advice?

If you have an e.13 adapter already, or your bike has the direct mount to the frame for a chainguide, then you can buy the LG.1 iscg,
The iscg 05 comes with the adapter to mount with your bottom bracket. If you want to be safe get the iscg 05 and then you may not need to use it.

Good luck, that is my favorite chainguide in the world.