Quantcast

Life & Limb, Sierra Nevada and Dogflish Collabo

Bigdroptoflat

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Maryland
Life and limb is a beer that Sierra Nevada and Dogfish brewery have collaborated on, Has anyone ever tried this, or even seen it? I am very anxious to get my hands on some

http://www.life-limb.com/

"Life & Limb is a 10% ABV strong beer that defies style characteristics-brewed with pure maple syrup from the Calagione family farm in Massachusetts and estate barley grown on the Grossman "farm" at the brewery in Chico. The beer is alive with yeast-a blend of both breweries' house strains-bottle conditioned for added complexity and shelf life, and naturally carbonated with birch syrup fresh from Alaska; it is the first beer we know of ever to use birch syrup in the brew. If stored under good conditions, this rich, full-bodied beer should age well for years. Life & Limb will be available in 24-oz. bottles and limited draft starting this November."

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
He just put the quotations in the wrong spot, he's laughing at the fact that there's something that's not hops in it.
I'm still confused though. Sierra Nevada pretty much nails everything they attempt to do, so why think growing their own barley would be any different?

Oh yeah, it's not Titan IPA. :hmm:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sierra Nevada pretty much nails everything they attempt to do
I dunno, I don't think their stout or their porter are that awesome. Torpedo and their Pale Ale are very good but don't really stand out for me.

I had this argument with a friend the other day, I think Deschutes is the only brewery I can think of (that I've had a bunch of stuff from) that has been 100% on the money with all of them.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I dunno, I don't think their stout or their porter are that awesome. Torpedo and their Pale Ale are very good but don't really stand out for me.

I had this argument with a friend the other day, I think Deschutes is the only brewery I can think of (that I've had a bunch of stuff from) that has been 100% on the money with all of them.
Mmm... their Hophenge is tasty... :drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Sure there are beers that are better for each particular style, but for the price and availability, SN really offers some good bang for the buck. Go find a good barleywine like Bigfoot that is $10 for a sixpack and let me know. I really like all of their hoppy beers. They are solid and tasty. Not "extreme", but still very solid.

I assume that skaredshutles has no idea what he is laughing at though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Mmm... their Hophenge is tasty... :drool:
I need to try that.
Sure there are beers that are better for each particular style, but for the price and availability, SN really offers some good bang for the buck. Go find a good barleywine like Bigfoot that is $10 for a sixpack and let me know. I really like all of their hoppy beers. They are solid and tasty. Not "extreme", but still very solid.

I assume that skaredshutles has no idea what he is laughing at though.
That's where Deschutes comes in. Most of their stuff costs about the same and is better than what SN has. IMO.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's where Deschutes comes in. Most of their stuff costs about the same and is better than what SN has. IMO.
You may be right but they have a very limited distribution area. SN distributes nationally. I've been to Lake Tahoe twice though and have been able to try Deschutes stuff. Very good!! I'd like to try more. BEER TRADE???

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You may be right but they have a very limited distribution area. SN distributes nationally. I've been to Lake Tahoe twice though and have been able to try Deschutes stuff. Very good!! I'd like to try more. BEER TRADE???
True, but I can find their stuff anywhere, so that's what matters. :D