Quantcast

Live strong is everywear!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
If you have not seen one, you must be living in a van down by the river. Oh wait.....

A bunch of chaunces wear them around here. I have no problem with giving them money, but it has this trend appeal that bothers me. I just wear my MIA bracelet and almost try to hide it so I don't have to explain to people what it is.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
to me it seems it's more of a trend (wearing a yellow bracelet) than people wanting to support LAF.

i haven't taken mine off since early July, and would like to get another one for a wheel i'm about to build.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
ummm, people were originally dedicating their money to the LAF. now they're dedicating their money to style. my (former) shop carried them and still does, we got all these ****ign 14 year olds coming in with their moms, and sometimes just the moms came in (that was the best!) looking for them. its just a huge fad now, i dont honestly think any of these people care, but its getting the job done for the LAF. Inbred, are you going to get a 650mm circumference livestrong bracelet to use as a rimstrip? btw, i have not taken mine off since JUNE! :blah:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hmmm...maybe i could order a bunch, cut them, then somehow melt them together to have a livestrong rimstrip. that's a good idea, thanks.

to be honest, when i got my bracelet, i had no clue what they were for. i thought it was some sort of "go lance! win 6!" deal. but at that point, i had been on the road for over a month, raising money for cancer, none the less, and had no idea what was going on in the world. the day before i bought it, i had a shop owner tell me his daughter was given 6 weeks to live 'cause cancer had spread throughout her body.

--edit--

wow
http://jewelry.listings.ebay.com/Bracelets_Other-Materials_W0QQfromZR11QQsacategoryZ3839QQsocmdZListingItemListQQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocustoverrideZ1

:rolleyes:
http://search.ebay.com/livewrong_Other-Materials_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQfromZR2QQgotopageZQQlopgZQQsacategoryZ3839QQsapricehiZQQsapriceloZQQsbrftogZ1QQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocomparecolumnlayoutZ0QQsofocusZbsQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsotrZ2