Quantcast

Local dirt jump spots / DH spots

Roo

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Vanconver, WA
I live in Littleton. Just wanted to know where all the dirt jump spots are around here. I'm off Wads and Bowles. So far I've been to little area off Kipling and Miss., that place is ok. Drove out to Gunbarrel Saturday, that spot was cool. Been to Lake Arbor ... eh, looks like no ones worked on it in a long time.

Looking for some place where its got smaller lines too for my 8 year old. He'll do little gaps but nothing beyond 4 feet at the most.

Also I know there are no DH specific trails outside of the lift parks but anyone want to recommend any trails that people DH at anyway. I know I've been out to a few trails and seen guys coming down on DH rigs in full armor. Thanks.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Gunbarrel is fun for sure. Alot of variety. The Fix Bikes has some pretty cool DJ's in the back of their lot which are worth a glance.

Gunbarrel from my experience will have the most variety for you and your kid.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I'll post when I get a chance to do some digging, though probably won't be until mid or late Dec......

buma

Chimp
Sep 28, 2006
Seriously. Building wouldn't be a problem if I knew a place to build without getting jailed/fined as a result.... this place is ridiculous.

Seriously. Building wouldn't be a problem if I knew a place to build without getting jailed/fined as a result.... this place is ridiculous.
Have you ever checked out research park in Boulder? its not a lot of terrain but a big plot of land, and its totally legit. North of Arapaho, West of Foothills.
I've always wondered why more people don't take advantage of the spot. Could be a cool for in the winter when the higher mts. are snowed in.

buma

Chimp
Sep 28, 2006
Really? Cool, I'll check it out. Do you know of any hills which could get some trails on them? I was thinking perhaps out at the OHV place.

Roo

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Vanconver, WA
if you guys find anywhere to build let me know. i'm down to lend a hand. my oldest found a spot where some kids have been building a jump line near my house. i guess its better than nothing. i'll let you guys know if it ever gets finished.

MTB R&D

Chimp
Oct 10, 2008
In a demo Tent near you...
I live in Littleton. Just wanted to know where all the dirt jump spots are around here. I'm off Wads and Bowles. So far I've been to little area off Kipling and Miss., that place is ok. Drove out to Gunbarrel Saturday, that spot was cool. Been to Lake Arbor ... eh, looks like no ones worked on it in a long time.

Looking for some place where its got smaller lines too for my 8 year old. He'll do little gaps but nothing beyond 4 feet at the most.

Also I know there are no DH specific trails outside of the lift parks but anyone want to recommend any trails that people DH at anyway. I know I've been out to a few trails and seen guys coming down on DH rigs in full armor. Thanks.
Sunset is on and off this year. My mechanics have worked on them for most of the year. The pump track here in Littleton is fun.

Check out this blog: http://denverbmx.tripod.com/denverbmx/index.html

It's old and hasn't been updated recently but has quite a few spots. It even lists "Bike & Berries" and "Right Bros.", two shops that have been gone for a while.

As far as DH goes...most trails that I know of around here are illegal and/or private. My trail has snow on it now. People ride down Apex but that is a bit of a joke to me. Hook up with guys in the know once the thaw comes.