Quantcast

Lodging Dilemma - Albany

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Crosspost from Slopemonkey to get the riders as well.

In February my brother and I are heading out west on a ski trip. Our flight is leaving Albany at 0600 on Sunday 2/25.

My place is about 1.5 hours from the airport so we would need to be on the road about 3:30 am to hit the flight. :shocked:

So I'm looking into options to crash Saturday night closer to the airport. Does anyone have any good ideas? Any cheap hotels?

DW

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Crosspost from Slopemonkey to get the riders as well.

In February my brother and I are heading out west on a ski trip. Our flight is leaving Albany at 0600 on Sunday 2/25.

My place is about 1.5 hours from the airport so we would need to be on the road about 3:30 am to hit the flight. :shocked:

So I'm looking into options to crash Saturday night closer to the airport. Does anyone have any good ideas? Any cheap hotels?

DW
$54 a Night

Stop here for a couple

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Some of the hotels will let you park there for the length of your trip and provide a shuttle to the airport. I did that once and it was a $40.00 room for around $90.00.
The economy parking lot is only $5.00 per day or $25.00 a week at Albany Airport with a free shuttle.

Downhill Mike

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Some of the hotels will let you park there for the length of your trip and provide a shuttle to the airport. I did that once and it was a $40.00 room for around $90.00.
The economy parking lot is only $5.00 per day or $25.00 a week at Albany Airport with a free shuttle.

Downhill Mike
I need to call the hotel and see if we can leave one car there and park one in LT parking at the airport (he's driving down from Vermont).

You opening any more trails this coming summer?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I run into this problem everytime I go to the airport.

There are a couple of places on Wolf Road that offer shuttles to the airport. The Best Western is one (this isn't the best motel, but it's close to the airport and offers shuttles. The only problem you may run into is that the shuttles won't leave that early (most start at 5 or 6am).

If you park way out in the furthest lot of the airport (the entrance is before you come to the main parking entrances), the parking fee is much less an they shuttle you in. There's also Park and Fly (not sure how price stacks up).

In terms of motels, look in Latham, Colonie and Wolf Rd. These are all close to the airport. I've stayed at several of them.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I run into this problem everytime I go to the airport.

There are a couple of places on Wolf Road that offer shuttles to the airport. The Best Western is one (this isn't the best motel, but it's close to the airport and offers shuttles. The only problem you may run into is that the shuttles won't leave that early (most start at 5 or 6am).

If you park way out in the furthest lot of the airport (the entrance is before you come to the main parking entrances), the parking fee is much less an they shuttle you in. There's also Park and Fly (not sure how price stacks up).

In terms of motels, look in Latham, Colonie and Wolf Rd. These are all close to the airport. I've stayed at several of them.
Wolf Road will be your best bet if you want to be close to the airport. It might not be the cheapest, but it'll be close. You could also try Cocca's Motel on the corner of Wolf Road and Central Avenue (Route 5). Never been there (and it seems like a "50-something" pick up spot if you ask me), but it might be a cheap option?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Wolf Road will be your best bet if you want to be close to the airport. It might not be the cheapest, but it'll be close. You could also try Cocca's Motel on the corner of Wolf Road and Central Avenue (Route 5). Never been there (and it seems like a "50-something" pick up spot if you ask me), but it might be a cheap option?
Nice, I'll need to check that out. We are looking no frills since the alarm will still likely go off at about 0430.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I'd offer up a space at my place, but I am 45 minutes north of the airport. :(
Thanks for the offer, but yeah, that would save us about 30 minutes of sleep time, probably not enough to upset the apple cart. Although we could drive up the night before and sleep in the terminal. Done that before (albeit not on purpose).