Quantcast

Long Beach riding?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking about transfering to Cal state Long Beach either mid next year or the year after, does anyone know if there is any good riding there at all? Any info would be good, UCSB doesn't offer the course study that I want, both Long Beach and San Jose state do however, and I just want to go check them out. Oh yeah, and I might go down to Long Beach in a few weeks with my car and some bikes if there are some good jumps or anything out there. Let me know, thanks ya'll.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Some decent road riding on PCH...not much for hills though.

You're not far away from good riding in Aliso Viejo or Orange though. I used to live right by CSULB, and didn't have any trouble getting out to ride.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Originally posted by Silver
You're not far away from good riding in Aliso Viejo or Orange though. I used to live right by CSULB, and didn't have any trouble getting out to ride.
Not too far, but it's still a drive to Orange. And if you drive anytime during rush hour, think again.

What's your course study? Maybe there's another option that hasn't come up yet.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by reflux
Not too far, but it's still a drive to Orange. And if you drive anytime during rush hour, think again.

What's your course study? Maybe there's another option that hasn't come up yet.
Yeah, the 22 in rush hour is ugly. I assumed a college student would have a semi-flexible schedule to get around that a little bit.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Its looking like I'm going to look into Industrial design. It seems like its a lot like mechanical engineering without the strong physics and calculus base. Are there even just good jumps around anywhere?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Originally posted by Li'l Dave
Its looking like I'm going to look into Industrial design. It seems like its a lot like mechanical engineering without the strong physics and calculus base. Are there even just good jumps around anywhere?
i've gotta throw out the alma mater. have you looked into cal poly slo? i was a business major, but i thought there was a major or something like that offered at the school.

does anyone here live in long beach? i had a friend who went to school there for one quarter/semester and loved it. in fact, he loved it so much his parents brought him back home to go to school so that he could actually get some work done.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I've looked into Cal Poly, but it seems that they don't offer industrial design as a major, but rather as a submajor. I want to go up there any how, I even heard the riding is good.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I really want to find a major that I like at calpoly, but so far I can't really find one. I still want to come up there and check it out though, are there lots of jumps and other riding up there?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
ya there is lots of riding. theres jumps around. theres a lot of really good riders here which makes it fun. here's a link to the different majors w/ the curriculums
http://www.calpoly.edu/~acadprog/currdisplay2003-05.html
theres an industrial technology major that doesnt have all the math stuff.
http://www.cob.calpoly.edu/programs/IT/ thats a link to the industrial technology major
check out city and regional planning thats what im doing right now and its pretty fun. i switched out of civil engineering b/c of all the physics and statics

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I didn't realize that there was an entire industrial tech major, that may make my decision easier. I might just have to come out there in a little while with some bikes and check it out. Are you going to be there all sumer Marlopez? We'll have to ride if you're going to be around. Is most of the riding pretty close to town? Thanks again for the info, hopefully soon I can come up and check things out and ride.