Quantcast

Looking for a bike...Please hep!

faceplant79

Chimp
Mar 4, 2009
I am looking to buy another mountain bike this spring. My previous bike was a Specialized rockhopper disc. I really enjoyed the bike, but I think my ride style was a little too aggressive for that particular bike. I am 6'2" and weigh about 250lbs, so I need something that will hold my weight well. The rockhopper was a hard tail, and just landed way too hard for me. I am looking for a bike that I can ride to work during the week, then take it to the trails and thrash it on the weekends. I didn't buy a full suspension the first time, because I didn't think that anyone made a bike that was durable enough for me. This time, I do want a full suspension, but I would like to keep the price under $2500. Who makes the most durable, yet high performance bike for my fat ass!!! Thanks

P.S. I really like the newer Specialized Enduros, but I would have to find a used one for what I want to spend.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, don't get rid of the Rockhopper. That can be a good commuter.

The Pitch is a decent priced bike, and I have a soft spot for the Diamondback Missions, which are better made than other DB's, but still cheaper than Specialized and the other big company bikes.

faceplant79

Chimp
Mar 4, 2009
I forgot to mention that I bent the shiiiot out of my rockhopper frame. It will not be commuting anyware any time soon:poster_oops:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
You should check out the Chumba Racing line of bikes...They have a failure rate of less than 3% and offer excellent rider support. I am also a large fellow and have never ridden a better bike! If you are interested, I can offer a stellar deal that will keep you well with-in your budget. Please check out chumbaracing.com and PM me for further information.

faceplant79

Chimp
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks for the feedback! I just bought a 08 Marin Mount Vision that a local dealer had on clearance. It looks to be a very sturdy bike, and it has gotten a lot of good reviews. Hopefully, it will hold up well. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Being a big dude like you (6'7" 275) I can say without a doubt that there are full squish bikes out there that will take the abuse.

But I've also learned the hard way (and have the scars to prove it) that you get what you pay for.

Taking a look at that Marin, looks pretty sweet.

The cool thing is, being a big dude that rides aggressively, when something breaks, UPGRADE TIME!!!

Welcome to the sickness.